We were getting closer and then ...

This week I met this lovely guy. We've been chatting for a while and getting on really well. He seems very kind and understanding. He's responsible, intelligent, funny, everything I'm looking for. I was very excited at the prospect of meeting him and he seemed to be too. We met, adjusted to being two real people and not just phone people, and got on well. He was very respectful. There were a few occasions when we got physically closer - sat beside each other and later hugged. There was a parting kiss. It was all looking great. But, his breath was not good and it didn't improve while we hung out. I felt very put off by this. Now what do I do? I really like this guy and feel it could turn into something long-lasting, but? What a dilemma. Any advice would be appreciated as I'm feeling so mixed now. Thanks in advance.

Have breath mints with you. Casually take them out, take one yourself and offer him one. Hopefully he gets the hint. Bad breath and body oder can be a turn-off. It's nothing to be ashamed of.