has fwb ever progressed to more for anyone?

I had a casual relationship for 2 years, I knew it wasn't anything more than just that and when the physical attraction lost it fizz, the fwb ended (what was the point of no sex?).

I was reading some of the other posts and noticed that there seem to be quite a few woman who are involved in a fwb and over time naturally want more. I'm curious, has anyone ACTUALLY had something more come out of a fwb? My guess is no.

I had a fwb situation with a girl for a year while we were both teaching overseas. When we got back we started a serious relationship which put an end to most of the drama in our relationship. We've been living together now for two years and neither of us regrets it. So it can work out to more. I was the hesitant one to the whole serious relationship side of things but I'm really glad we stepped it up. It's been really great.

I highly doubt it.

Many women enter into FWB relationships with the idea they might grow into something more. This is almost always a mistake. What women don't understand is that from a male point of view, having a GF or being in a LTR is not the best of all possible worlds. For most men, having a FWB is the best of all possible worlds. In a FWB relationship, a guy gets all the benefits of having a GF, but with no strings--the ultimate win/win situation for him. Men don't want FWB relationships to grow into "something more." Why would they? In a FWB, the guy is already getting everything he wants---for free!

Men don't want FWB relationships to grow into "something more." Why would they? In a FWB, the guy is already getting everything he wants---for free!

I think the multitudes of threads on this forum where the men are desperate for their FWB to date them doesn't back up your claim.

saltnpepper

I haven't seen that work, either. FWB to more. I have experienced:

1. FWB turning into obsessive stalking weirdness by the female. Fairly big risk of this depending on personalities. Suspect limiting the time period for FWB relationships helps in this matter - I kept her around too long and too often, so she got attached.

2. Fw/oB turning into FWsuperB and megalove. Current situation.

I think the multitudes of threads on this forum where the men are desperate for their FWB to date them doesn't back up your claim.

Yes, yes, yes. There are occasional exceptions. But I still submit that more often than not, entering a FWB with the intention of seeing the relationship deepen is a mistake. I wish every thread didn't need to get bogged down by people splitting hairs and picking apart every little exception to everything.

But I still submit that more often than not, entering a FWB with the intention of seeing the relationship deepen is a mistake.

Oh, I agree with this. I just think it's common for either sex to fall in love with an FWB.

It's not that I'm trying to find "exceptions"--I literally do think that either partner in an FWB situation can end up getting his/her heart broken. I've seen it enough both ways.

ciara12step

i recently had a FWB situation over the past few months .. didnt work out .. i think they lost the 'challenge' knowin that she can get me. Right now were just tryin to patch up our friendship , which has been on stormy grounds of late