Friend Situation

Here's the deal:

Best friends with this girl, and have been for a long time. I'm in love with her. And I assuming she doesn't know. Problem is, she has a boyfriend. What do you do? We say the "I love you's" have pet names for each other. The works.

Any advice?

Come clean, she might feel the same. Regardless of the outcome, I doubt your friendship will weather the storm of her having boyfriends since you are in love with her. Just my opinion...gotta take the risk! I don't think you'd post this here if you weren't already considering it...best wishes

If you've been friends for years, AND she has a boyfriend, she is only interested in a friendship with you :(

Girls don't stay friends with a guy they are interested in for that long, and even if they were, they would definitely be sinlge just in case you came out and wanted to be with them.

Either end the friendship and move on, or accept her as your friend, anything more and you are in for a disaster.

I'm sorry, this is prob no what you want to hear, but I've been the girl in this situation and it would only get awkward for her if you came out.

If you've been friends for years, AND she has a boyfriend, she is only interested in a friendship with you :(

Girls don't stay friends with a guy they are interested in for that long, and even if they were, they would definitely be sinlge just in case you came out and wanted to be with them.

Either end the friendship and move on, or accept her as your friend, anything more and you are in for a disaster.

I'm sorry, this is prob no what you want to hear, but I've been the girl in this situation and it would only get awkward for her if you came out.

Yes, but if he stays quiet then it becomes awkward for him. This isn't a winning situation. No matter what you do, it'll become awkward at least for the near future. As time passes, who knows? But you've got to do what you think is best.

Mella hit it best. The more you keep this to you or you hang around her like this, you'll come to resent her and the friendship will suffer a catastrophic failure. If you come clean now, no one can tell what the future holds. I did this a long time ago and after 5 years of silence I was able to reconnect with the girl as friends only. Though, as fate loves to screw with you, she recently told me that if she knew what she knows now, things would have been different between us years back.

So long ramble short. Pure platonic friendships between men and women are almost impossible. Somewhere during the process, one develops more feelings. It's just that a lot of the time these feelings are kept private.