Sending Flower to "Just a Friend"

I have a question for you LoveShackers out there.

What are your thoughts if a guy sends flowers to his platonic friend ?

LucreziaBorgia

It depends, really on the flowers. I've had platonic male friends send me congratulatory flowers, sympathy flowers, flowers when I was in the hospital, etc. But... if they were something distinctly romantic, like a dozen red roses or something like that, or if they were sent with no specific occasion it would give me rise to be suspicious about why they sent them.

What did you have in mind? Why do you want to send flowers?

• Author
It depends, really on the flowers. I've had platonic male friends send me congratulatory flowers, sympathy flowers, flowers when I was in the hospital, etc. But... if they were something distinctly romantic, like a dozen red roses or something like that, or if they were sent with no specific occasion it would give me rise to be suspicious about why they sent them.

What did you have in mind? Why do you want to send flowers?

Well it's something I did in the past. I sent my friend some flowers to her work on valentine's day because she never got flowers on that day before. So what are your thoughts on giving a friend flowers on valentine's day?

The only reason a man sends a flowers to a platonic friend is because he hopes she'll become more than that in the near future. Unless, of course, they are for a specific occasion (wedding, funeral, promotion, etc).

I don't see anything wrong with it so long as he is clear about what his intent is (Vday flowers can be a bit confusing as it is a love "holiday")

Is HE clear on what his intent it?