Tough Situation

Hey everyone. So I have a situation in which I pretty much know the answer, but just wanted to get some opinions.

This girl and I met through a mutual friend and immediately hit it off. Ended up going on a few dates and we really liked each other. We became official for about a week, and then she ended it.

Her reasoning, is she's called to be a missionary, and she feels her guy needs to be called to missions as well she says. She said she just didn't have any peace with me being her boyfriend. Now whether this is an excuse or not, I don't know.

Anyway I quit talking to her after that. This was in October. Last month, I emailed her telling her I could be friends and talk again if she wanted. She was very happy about it. She told me she had to delete my number out of her phone to keep from texting me.

Anyways, last week, I went and hung out with her. We went out to eat and to a movie. I paid for everything. She said it wasn't a date, and I tried to keep that mind set. We still hit it off. We talked about everything with no silence or anything. I made her laugh and we just had a great time.

The thing is, I still really like her and I'm pretty sure I won't ever have a chance with her again. The question I have, is should I tell her that I still like her, but won't act on it and am okay with being friends? I love talking to her and would rather her be my friend at least than not have her in my life at all. We are very honest and open with each other, but I don't know how this would turn out if I told her. If she wanted to date again, I would in a heartbeat. But, just looking for advice. Thanks!

My brother started seeing this girl who was a very strict Christian. Like you, my brother (who is agnostic) was then told that the reason they couldn't continue dating was because he wasn't religious like she was. Long story short, they're dating now and my brother has been readin the Bible.

My point is, if you like someone - nothing will stop you from wanting to see them. This applies to her, not you. She knows you care about her. Regardless of supposed "major" problems like missionary/religion- when you like someone... suddenly those huge issues can be quite minor.

I don't think you should have paid for her dinner. Ideally, a man pays for the date to win the girl over, and in return he receives her affection. You're not getting that. It's not a fair trade.

You need to move on, and let her come to you if she so chooses.