Into this girl, she is broke (no $)

Nirvanac218

Ok, so I met this chick thru a friend a few weeks back. Shes cool and laid back. Also single...I got her number and have been texting back and forth for awhile now. Well last week she sends a text saying her phone will be turned off soon as she has no money to pay the 90$ bill. I offer to lend money, but she refuses.

I didnt hear from here for a few days. Then today she writes me and asks if "I know anyone who would like to buy some video games?" I guess they are left over from her ex or something. She knows I like games and what not so my question is, Should I give her the money she needs and pick a few games or what? Im not sure how to go about this, but I like her and want to help her out.

Doesn't hurt to buy a couple (I'd totally do that for an acquaintance who was selling stuff, even), but I'd be wary about contributing more til I get to know her better. How come you're only texting for a few weeks but not meeting up at all even as friends, if you live close to each other?

ANYTIME a woman or man for that matter begins a relationship with money problems to the depth that their phone is getting cut off and they are selling things to pay for phone and rent/food it is nver a good idea to get involved with that person..

Relationships are not about one person swooping in and saving the other..

Now.. if you wanted to buy the video games from her as a friend then go right ahead..but don't date her..

and never loan money to somebody you don't even know..

• Author
Nirvanac218
Doesn't hurt to buy a couple (I'd totally do that for an acquaintance who was selling stuff, even), but I'd be wary about contributing more til I get to know her better. How come you're only texting for a few weeks but not meeting up at all even as friends, if you live close to each other?

She lives about 45 mins away, was planning on meeting last saturday (i work weekends and used vacation for this) well it snowed like a s.o.b. but im thinking about tomorow. Tell her im coming to town to see my friend and maybe ill ask her if she wants to hangout?

Nirvanac218.. no...

This isn't the right way to begin a relationship..

There is nothing wrong with giving somebody you don't know a boost if they are in a tight spot but if you are planning on dating her then you should really do nothing dude..

She hasn't asked for your help.. only for you to buy some videos..

Does she have family ?

You offered to loan her money, she refused.

She called you to see if you would be interested in buying something she has to sell.

So, she end up not in your debt and you end up with some new games.

She called you and made this offer.

Take her up on it out of the goodness of your heart or because you want the games.

Is she broke temporarily?

• Author
Nirvanac218
You offered to loan her money, she refused.

She called you to see if you would be interested in buying something she has to sell.

So, she end up not in your debt and you end up with some new games.

She called you and made this offer.

Take her up on it out of the goodness of your heart or because you want the games.

Is she broke temporarily?

She has family, but from what I understand. Shes not on good terms with most of them...Yes, she says she is only broke for a short while. Also she mentioned she was a big girl and needed no help...so I texted her a few minutes ago and said "I may be coming to town to hang with my Blake, (blakes my friend, he introduced to this girl) then I said "Do you think I could check some of the games out?" she said "sure" and wanted to know when I would be in town.

I hope this works out ok, I wouldnt mind getting a few games plus some ass. That'd be nice :)

I hope this works out ok, I wouldnt mind getting a few games plus some ass. That'd be nice :)

You deserve what is coming your way then ;)

ANYTIME a woman or man for that matter begins a relationship with money problems to the depth that their phone is getting cut off and they are selling things to pay for phone and rent/food it is nver a good idea to get involved with that person..

Why not? Many people have been "broke" at some point in their life, often periods such as just after leaving school or college, being laid off/fired, divorcing, after an illness etc. Why do these events (often not the result of any fault on their part) make them undateable as a person? Someone's character does not change just because they have more or less $$$ in the bank.

IMO this is an excessively materialistic view. People are more than their bank accounts.

If I was considering who to date, their net worth would be *totally irrelevant*. Someone is not more charming, intelligent, good in bed, or more loving because they have more savings - often the opposite.

Well, is part of the reason women won't date a divorcing or recently divorced man because they know the financial price that it exacts on the man? Just speaking from a bit of experience here. ;)

OP, if you like the vids, offer a fair price. That's business. If you like the lady, take her on a couple of cheap dates (a walk in the park is nice and cheap, even if it is a bit snowy right now... bundle up). Watch her words and actions. If she's proactively interested in you and not constantly whining about her 'circumstances' or her 'family', then continue cheaply dating her so as not to make her feel beholden to you. Dating is about getting to know a person, not how much money you spend.

123BeachFan

So, you're hoping she puts out because you got her out of a financial spot? You can just offer her $$ for the a$$ and let her keep her video games.

I don't understand here. You want to give her money in the hopes of getting some arse in return?? :eek:OP, are you looking for a prostitute?

Lauriebell82

OP, I think other posters are making this out to be more then it is.

I have to say though, that she did put you in a little bit of an ackward position. If you were friends, then I could see. But asking someone you are dating to buy something from you is a little iffy.

I think you should POLITELY decline. Beginning a relationship is about honesty. Be honest and tell her you feel a little weird buying something from her however you would love to help her out, maybe find some friends who are interested or help her in finding a job. Does she have one?

I certainly wouldn't dump her for being broke, although that doesn't sound that it's what you are doing.

Lauriebell82

Oh something else I noticed. I think the reason she refused to borrow money is because she doesn't want to take advantage of you but may think that you BUYING something from her is more legit.

:sick:

My response to this would get me banned.