How to handle situation?

I was very close with this girl at school (she told me I was her best friend at school, how much she cared for me, I met family a few times, had dinner with them, etc.) We then hooked up for a little over a month. She had a long distance bf the whole time, but she was very honest about it, saying she was confused with the situation and thought she was going to break up with him. Well, she decided instead to stop hooking up with me & said we couldn’t be together right now. We were then friendly for about 1.5 months. 2 weeks ago, after some incidents detailed below, she said to not contact her outside of class and that we could just be casual friends. She blocked me on gchat, and her sister & cousin, whom I was very friendly with, deleted me on facebook.

I never was mean to her, I just brought some drama her way, specifically for the past 3 weeks (namely, one fairly immature comment, and an incident where when a friend of mine died couple weeks ago, instead of just reaching out to her for comfort, I told her I wish she wouldn't be so distant and sent her on a guilt trip for not being as nice to me as she once was and not being there for me. She got quite pissed. I apologized in an email and in person and here we are...).

My main problem is that we have to sit next to each other 4 days a week for 6 more weeks (can't change seats

Should I not talk to her or just be friendly at times and otherwise ignore her? So far (6 class days), I’ve just said hello & made a little small talk (she was quite friendly), but otherwise, I’ve just ignored her. She hasn’t initiated any conversation

Is it impossible for us to ever be close again? I still care about her very much. Anyone with similar experiences?

All help is appreciated.

Edited by wjg23g
saltnpepper

They come, they go. Life is like that. I suggest just being friendly in class and leaving her alone as requested the rest of the time. Concern yourself with her comfort, not your unilateral needs.

More fish in the sea. There's usually someone hitting on me who I quietly turn away, has always been like that. And every love eventually ends, even if only by death. Most don't last that long. Someone ends up hurting, but it's still worth going for it. So long as you can back off, as you need to do here.