Am I wrong to be mad?

DreamerGirl27

I can't shake this feeling that I didn't do the right thing with a friend I just posted about. (My heartbroken thread) Recently, a guy friend I really like that doesn't like me, lied to me and I never let him know I knew about it, or was upset/mad/hurt about it. Because of what he lied about. He told me he was going to a "guy's night out" thing he invited me to, then sort of uninvited me and that's what he told me...when actually, he brought some girl. I found out from facebook. Anyway, I never said anything about it, but it really hurt me and I was angry. But...because of the circumstances, of him telling me it was a "guys night out" when he was actually taking a girl and he doesn't like me like that, I felt awkward being upset about it. I also felt awkward when he was inviting me. I don't understand why he was asking me to hang out with him over the weekend. I understand he thinks it's just as friends, but I've told him flat out I like him and I'm kind of uncomfortable being "just friends" with him and having him inviting me to hang out with him... but I've let the friendship go this far and I can't bring myself to ignore him, either. :(

Anyway, I know even as friends, it's never okay to lie to each other, but it was just awkward what he lied about. If he doesn't like me like that (and has said he doesn't), why does he feel the need to not let me know he's going out with girls? He tells me about girls he likes all the time. (Which I have gotten upset with him about, because I really don't want to hear it.)

Do I have a right to be mad? I feel like I don't, but deep down, I know I do and wish I would have called him on it. But it's over and done with now and I didn't and I have to move on. I just want to know if I have a right to be mad that he lied to me, regardless of what he was lying about.

Ella whispers

If he intentionally told you it was guys night so that he could bring another girl then yes. Unless, he did it to avoid drama. If he knows you get jealous he didn't want a scene. Maybe he didn't bring this girl and she just showed up or came w/ someone else?

SadandConfusedWA

You really need to ditch him. I don't see a point in torturing yourself with his presence when you know that he doesn't like you like that and never will.

• Author
DreamerGirl27
You really need to ditch him. I don't see a point in torturing yourself with his presence when you know that he doesn't like you like that and never will.

I am hoping one day he'll change his mind.... and as long as I'm still in a class with him, I don't have a choice but to talk to him. I'm not gonna cause a scene in class in person. As long as I still have to see him twice a week, I'm not going to ditch him yet.