How do you not get attached to a fwb?

justagirl09

Been seeing this guy off and on for about a year. It has been more on than off though. In the past, we werent seeing each other for a while because I thought I wanted a bf, dated other people and decided that its not what I want.

Anyways, me and him have a real connection, we get along great. He does care on some level, and he does get jealous. We talk every other day. How do you convince yourself that its not going to be a relationship? I am fine with it being what it is since I havent found a guy who is boyfriend material, but in the back of my mind I still think there is a chance. I know if that were true, it would have happened already. We do care about each other though, but we dont go out or anything. We enjoy each others company, get along great, and there is such intense chemistry between us. Just no committment.

A FWB really only works if you are NOT looking for a boyfriend/relationship. And although you said thats not what you wanted when you were dating other guys...it is what you want from this one...so you cant be fwb. Sadly.

I have had FWB, no issues, no problems at least on my end. But I did read recently about :

Women develop intimacy and emotions via orgasms. Seriously, scientific study - for what thats worth - but I read it, it made sense, sounded valid. I dont think it necessarily applies to me, or everyone, but to most women. But I have some issues regarding intimacy so dont go by me.

For females Just having good sex with someone leads to feelings of intimacy and connection . This same reaction is not found in males.They explained it using the whole chemical reaction thing.

Tell him honestly how you feel.

• Author
justagirl09

He knows how I feel about him. But yet, we cant stop seeing each other. We stop, but then end up seeing each other again, even if we were dating someone before. We just have such a connection. Its not an unemotional arrangement, there is just no committment. I think he has the intimacy fear from his past relationship. Sucks, but I cant change him.

A FWB really only works if you are NOT looking for a boyfriend/relationship. And although you said thats not what you wanted when you were dating other guys...it is what you want from this one...so you cant be fwb. Sadly.

I have had FWB, no issues, no problems at least on my end. But I did read recently about :

Women develop intimacy and emotions via orgasms. Seriously, scientific study - for what thats worth - but I read it, it made sense, sounded valid. I dont think it necessarily applies to me, or everyone, but to most women. But I have some issues regarding intimacy so dont go by me.

For females Just having good sex with someone leads to feelings of intimacy and connection . This same reaction is not found in males.They explained it using the whole chemical reaction thing.

Tell him honestly how you feel.