Here We Go Again...

So I thought I was really feeling strong and I was going to cut off my FWB. I went like five days without talking to him at all and I actually felt good, felt strong. I even considered changing my number. Well this morning I get a good morning text. So I thought about what I should do and decided I didn't have the heart to ignore him, I figured an innocent good morning would be okay. Before I knew it, we were in a big conversation and I happened to ask him how things were going with him and his gf. He said not well and I said well as long as your happy. He said he isn't happy and so I asked him if he loves her. His response..."To a point." Can anybody tell me what this means? How do you love someone to a point? Don't you kinda just do or don't? Now I'm all confused again. This never ends...

One potential is he likes the unfettered (by emotion or commitment) physical intimacy of FWB and a 'real' GF is too much work. It's at that 'point' he reconsiders.

Make sure he pays you well if you're going to be his therapist ;)

So I thought I was really feeling strong and I was going to cut off my FWB. I went like five days without talking to him at all and I actually felt good, felt strong. I even considered changing my number. Well this morning I get a good morning text. So I thought about what I should do and decided I didn't have the heart to ignore him, I figured an innocent good morning would be okay. Before I knew it, we were in a big conversation and I happened to ask him how things were going with him and his gf. He said not well and I said well as long as your happy. He said he isn't happy and so I asked him if he loves her. His response..."To a point." Can anybody tell me what this means? How do you love someone to a point? Don't you kinda just do or don't? Now I'm all confused again. This never ends...

He's being coy. It is his way of putting his foot in the door that you are trying to close...