Need your guy's thoughts! FWB Situation. Feels like he might want more

I'm not sure how to read his signals, but for some reason I'm getting this feeling that he might want more.

I've been hooking up with my FWB for over a year (since last Jan). Last year it was just 3 times. This year it gotten to the point where it's pretty much a regular weekly occurrence. I know myself and I develop crushes very easily so when I do start to feel something towards him I just shrug it off as my horomones trying to trick me. But, lately it seems like he might want more from me. Due to some drama that occured between a friend of mine and him we decided to keep out FWB thing under wraps. To many people got involved and it just got annoying. The next time we met a friend of ours wanted to meet up and he asked me if it was ok. I don't really care either way so I said fine. Then another time he had friends over he texted me to come over and hangout.

His birthday was about a week ago so just as I do with any of my friends I sent him a text wishing him a Happy Birthday. Later that night he sent me a message to come out for drinks with him and his friends.

Then this past week a friend of ours was visiting from out of town and wanted to go see him. I didn't want to lead on that there was anything between us so I said sure I'll go. When we got there I kept my distance and acted like a friend would. As I was getting ready to leave he pulls me over to him in front of everyone and asks me not to go.

It just seems that for someone who suggested to keep this all under wraps he's not trying very hard or at all. Like I said I don't really know how to trust my crushes on people 'cause the past break up I had pretty much crushed me and my ability to put faith in anyone.