Sooo, did I just get friend-zoned or what?

In-The-Wheat

Alright to make a long story short, I recently ran into a girl that I hooked up with once a couple years ago. Anyway, was going to give her a call this week - she lost her phone so I just PM'd her on facebook.

There was a little small BS I wrote, then I asked directly "Do you want to get together for some drinks this weekend?"

It took her 2 days to respond and this is what I got: "Hey! I am really busy this weekend but I would love to get together with you and _____ (my buddy/mutual friend) next week/weekend. It would be great for us all to catch up!"

So did I just get put into the friend zone? I don't want to just be buddies with this girl - I want to date her...Thing is I think she might have a BF - nobody is for sure that I've talked to. Now she does have some cute friends though, should I say something like "Yea cool, you should bring some of your friends out to join us" or just leave the situation all together or go with it? What should I even say?

Suggestions please..

I agree with the above poster.

Your next move would be to ask her to bring some of her friends along. Look at the positive side, man.

Respond to it and tell her that you'd prefer to just catch up with JUST her. This should establish that you aren't looking for buddies and by her response you'll have a concrete answer. No more guesswork.

• Author
In-The-Wheat

Update

All I did was say "yea that sounds like fun. call me sometime next week and we'll set something up"... I don't plan on doing anything unless she calls - then if she does, i'll either just explain that I was unaware she had a BF, and I don't really want to hangout or just say no to the offer.

This weekend I ran into her again because I was invited to her sorority's "date/theme" party. She does have a BF - she was with him. I think her & I both felt a little awkward when we saw each other, although we were both very nice and cordial & I didn't let figuring out she had a BF phase me.

After that we split off with our friends & coincidently end up together at another bar. We were all with friends and having a good time, but I didn't say anything to her - she was a few people down at the end of the bar & w/her BF, but she smiled or waved at me when I first noticed her, can't remember (very, very drunk). Anyway, I started chatting up this absolutely gorgeous girl next to me (got her number too, yea!). When that girl left I look over the room and caught her (the one w/the BF) staring at me then she tried to be cool when she looked away.. like she was watching me flirt with this other girl the whole time.

I think she may like me or is at least curious of the possibilities, but I'm not going to pursue it while she has a BF, not matter how lame he is.

Edited by In-The-Wheat
Update

All I did was say "yea that sounds like fun. call me sometime next week and we'll set something up"

Responses like that further dig you into the friendzone. But that's all done at this point. Ignore this current girl and pursue the new one you met at the bar. Just don't get yourself stuck in the friendzone with this new girl.

• Author
In-The-Wheat
Responses like that further dig you into the friendzone. But that's all done at this point. Ignore this current girl and pursue the new one you met at the bar. Just don't get yourself stuck in the friendzone with this new girl.

Yea I knew what I said was going to probably going to come across like "ok, yea i'll be your friend".

That's pretty much why I didn't talk to her other than saying hi that night... And this new girl is great. Probably will call her up in a day or two and see what's up.. I'll let you all who are following know what happens.