Is this normal?

DreamerGirl27

Is it normal for a guy to want to be "just friends" with a girl that he knows likes him? I mean, I don't wanna put a label on guys and say they are all horny SOBs...but really. If a girl told you flat out she liked you, wouldn't that make you like her? Unless there was just something so drastically wrong with her? Do guys normally befriend girls a lot without wanting anything more?

It seems to me like it should be and is easier for girls when they like a guy, especially if she is cute, and that it isn't as easy for guys when they like a girl. Am I totally and completely wrong and being gender biased? Or however you would say that...

I am just so confused. I thought if a guy who really didn't like me found out I liked him, he would be long gone and moving on to some other friend because he wouldn't want that kind of drama in his life. Not saying I am causing drama...but there naturally is a little bit of it because I like him and he doesn't like me.

shadowofman

I have a ton of female friends that I don't want relationships with. I'm sure some of them "like" me too. This is not unusual at all.

cucumberz

It's different for everyone. I know that if a girl liked me, it wouldn't flat out make me want her too. Some of my buddies on the other hand are the opposite.

Peaceful Guy
Is it normal for a guy to want to be "just friends" with a girl that he knows likes him?

sure, it could mean any number of things..

I mean, I don't wanna put a label on guys and say they are all horny SOBs..

well, thank you.. because if you had done that it would have been offensive! :laugh:

If a girl told you flat out she liked you, wouldn't that make you like her?

not if she hated my friends, told me what to wear, threw out my cigarettes, and told people lies about me.. ooorrrrr, wouldn't stop following me around town..

Do guys normally befriend girls a lot without wanting anything more?

it happens frequently.. and good luck finding normal anything on this planet!! :laugh:

It seems to me like it should be and is easier for girls when they like a guy, especially if she is cute, and that it isn't as easy for guys when they like a girl. Am I totally and completely wrong and being gender biased? Or however you would say that...

i don't think its easier on either side.. just different sometimes.

I am just so confused. I thought if a guy who really didn't like me found out I liked him, he would be long gone and moving on to some other friend because he wouldn't want that kind of drama in his life. Not saying I am causing drama...but there naturally is a little bit of it because I like him and he doesn't like me.

well, maybe he sees something in you that likes unrelated to romance. maybe youre just plain fun to be around! :cool:

somedude81

DreamerGirl27, is he single? If he is not, does he currently like somebody right now?

Unless there was just something so drastically wrong with her?

Is there something drastically wrong with you? Fat? Ugly?

Most men consider looks to be very important in women and are usually the main thing that determines if he likes a girl or not.

• Author
DreamerGirl27
DreamerGirl27, is he single? If he is not, does he currently like somebody right now?

Most men consider looks to be very important in women and are usually the main thing that determines if he likes a girl or not.

I weigh about 130lbs, I am 5'6", dress cute all the time, have long light brown hair, blue eyes and a really cute face (to me anyway).

You tell me....does that sound like there is something drastically wrong with me?

• Author
DreamerGirl27

somedude81, yes, he is single. He is very single. He also constantly tells me he needs to get laid...actually, we've graduated from him telling me he needs to get laid, to him saying "I want to have sex, like right now". Online, though...

somedude81

Physically you seem good.

Hmm, from him telling you that he actually needs to have sex it seems like you two know each other quite well. Have you known him for a long time? It seems like he thinks of you as one of the guys.

I'm not really one to give advice to women but I think this might be worth a shot. Next time you are alone with him, find a way to give him a very quick kiss and just wait. Doing that may cause him to wake up and see you as a girl. Hopefully the next thing he'd do is take the lead and try to go for a longer kiss.

There is a very small chance he'd freak out, but I really don't see that happening.

A little alcohol won't hurt either.

• Author
DreamerGirl27
Physically you seem good.

Hmm, from him telling you that he actually needs to have sex it seems like you two know each other quite well. Have you known him for a long time? It seems like he thinks of you as one of the guys.

I'm not really one to give advice to women but I think this might be worth a shot. Next time you are alone with him, find a way to give him a very quick kiss and just wait. Doing that may cause him to wake up and see you as a girl. Hopefully the next thing he'd do is take the lead and try to go for a longer kiss.

There is a very small chance he'd freak out, but I really don't see that happening.

A little alcohol won't hurt either.

I've known him since August last year, but didn't start talking until November. So, we've only been talking about 6 months. But he texted me SO gosh darn freakin' much and REALLY got to know me as well as he possibly could, that it seems like I have known him for years. Anyway...Thursday was the last day I will see him and he hasn't IMed me on facebook since then. :lmao:At the most, I just miss being around him, it's not all physical (even though I'd love it to be). He waited for me after class every day, we talked in the halls before going to our next classes....his friend asked him why he didn't bring me to some concert the last day I saw him. I just don't get it. He has stopped talking to me, though. Course it's only been since Thursday...but that is long for him. It seems like now that he doesn't HAVE to see me anymore, that's just it. I'm going to let it be that way, though. Because I DON'T want to hang out with him as just friends. I'm going to tell him that if he ever does message me and ask me to hang out again, too. I have been through an emotional roller coaster with him and now that I don't have to see him anymore, I am pretty much done as well. I need time to heal.

somedude81

Wow, what an odd situation. I'm used to the exact opposite thing where the guy wants the girl and the girl thinks of him as just the friend.

I don't have a clue what he is thinking. Hopefully somebody else here can give you some good advice.

• Author
DreamerGirl27
Wow, what an odd situation. I'm used to the exact opposite thing where the guy wants the girl and the girl thinks of him as just the friend.

I don't have a clue what he is thinking. Hopefully somebody else here can give you some good advice.

somedude81, you've already given me the best advice, thanks. I find it extremely odd myself and it's even more frustrating. I have been depressed all effing semester and Thursday I just went to my next class and almost couldn't stop myself from crying. I really don't get it. I really don't get HIM. It also doesn't help that he is the only guy friend I really have. I have other guy friends, but they don't talk to me and they don't ask me to hang out. They are just "acquaintances". I have ONE guy friend who has shown interest in me like this guy has. I JUST recently found him through facebook...but he is engaged to another girl. So that's pretty effed up, too. I guess I just have really bad luck with men. :lmao:

ToShyToTellMyNick

I never thought I would say this but maybe HE is playing difficult? Maybe he's shy and he doesn't mind telling you things like "I wanna get laid" Or such but he can't tell YOU he wants to get laid with you. I mean I used to do the same with a girl like a year ago. So I don't know... Hope you find some answers! GL!