Move On?

cucumberz

Long time lurker, and first time poster, so here goes!

About 3-4 months ago, I met someone at school, and she introduced me to her group of friends, one of which I currently have a thing for. At the time, I didn't really talk to this girl much because we mostly only talked to each other when my other friend was there.

Initially, I wasn't that interested. I mean she was pretty and all, but she was also really shy. But then a little over a month ago she texted me and then from there we talked quite a bit. We went out a couple times and eventually I asked her out to a dinner date to which she said no. Her reasoning was that I was her best guy friend (ironic seeing as I've always flirted) :o According to a mutual friend, she liked my personality and who I was, but just didn't see me that way.

Despite the rejection, nothing really got awkward, and nothing really changed except from the fact that she now knew that I was into her. I guess it was nice on her part that she tried not making it awkward (according to a mutual friend) because I kind of shook it off and acted as if nothing happened either.

So fast forward a few weeks to the present. We text each other everyday, and we talk on the phone for hours a few times a week whenever we have time. Overall, I feel great.

Yesterday, I decided to take her to a bonfire that I heard about from a friend. We talked the whole time, and shared beers. We held hands on and off a few times, and held hands down this really long street, which was nice. :) But then as she waited for a ride, she made it clear she didn't want me there as she kept telling me to just take the train home because she'd be okay. I don't know if it's because her sister (whom is a friend/classmate) was picking her up, but she knew I was with her already.

After the alcohol was out of my system, I just felt depressed about the whole situation because I really like this girl, yet I know that she already said no to me once, and of the way the night ended. I really don't know what to do with this situation. :eek:

I recanted my night to a friend, and she told me that it seems she's unsure of what she wants because it seems like she's sending mixed signals with the hand holding, the late night calls, the hanging out, etc. She then went to say that no matter the case, it seems like she's trying to make an effort to like me.

Then my friend made a really good point. If I make another move, it's highly likely that this time there would be no way to salvage any sort of relationship. :o So I've been thinking that perhaps I should just move on? I don't know.

But all I do know is that she is driving me nuts.

Edited by cucumberz