Is it weird? Anyone??

So I had this friend I met in college, freshmen year. She was incredibly hot, as well as smart (in all of my engineering classes).

Sadly, I had a girlfriend at the time and she had a boyfriend. Throughout the first three years, one of us was always dating someone else. Then, right before senior year, we both got dumped. She jokingly asked me out, but I denied her because, stupid me, I still wanted my ex back. This went on for a year, where we both joked with each other about going out or getting married and we start hanging out a lot more.

Then one day, she says she used to like me, but is happier with the friendship we have formed instead. I of course obsess over this statement and run here and rant about a few days later.

A week later, I throw her a birthday party where we both get pretty drunk and while we're dancing she asks me why I never asked her out. I tell her that I always thought she only thought of me as a friend, which sucked because I liked her from day one. Then she pulled me aside and basically told me how she had always liked me but we were always dating other people, so we built this friendship that she felt would be horrible to lose in a bad break up.

So I kissed her, said I wanted to be with her, she spent the night, and the next morning we were "official".

Here's where the problems occur... first off, how do we break it to all of our mutual friends, which after four years in college, is pretty much ALL of our friends. Isn't it just weird? I mean I know it's not. It shouldn't be. But I would just like to hear how other people who felt similarly dealt with this.

Also, the fact that we both had to be drunk to tell each other our true feelings... any thoughts on that?

And finally, we both graduate this weekend and will be moving home, and she lives on another island.

I've never been so happy and depressed.

I once had a very good friend, and one night we had a little too much to drink and I kissed her. Our mutual friends, which was pretty much ALL of our friends, only wondered what had taken us so long. They knew we wanted to be together before we did. About a year later we got married.

If you're lucky enough to find someone you love, don't sweat the small stuff. Grab them and hold on tight. Life is way too short.