feelings...just leave it?

sweethearttx

I have a friend. He had feelings for me for a while, not exactly sure where he stands now. But now I'm developing feelings for him. Strong ones. :love::o

We've talked about it a little bit. He has been working on a new company and has literally not been in town for months. He may not be living here a few months from now. So he has put a hold on his love life because he doesn't know what is going to happen with his work situation. But he has said he's very attracted to me and has been since we first met.

He is coming back to town tomorrow, to stay for a while. I'm sure I will see him soon. I don't know what will happen. We have had some strange moments, but haven't kissed. Haven't done anything beyond friendship.

What would you do? Considering he's coming to town, his work situation is up in the air, and you have strong feelings and he's someone who is starting to become a best friend...how long would you wait for him to figure out what he wants to do? A week? A month? I'm 29, he's 35. And what about the possibility he may move? He is very financially sound and falling in love would seriously alter his plans, but there is no telling what will happen.

Bottom line: do I ask him this week if we are going to move beyond friends, and if he says he's still unsure what to do because of work and possibly moving, just forget about it? Or wait a bit longer? The twist is that I went out with someone else last night, first date, and he was nice...he is not as good a match as my friend, but I may have to decide quickly if I want to pursue that or not. I'm not the type of woman who can date multiple men.

Thanks for any advice.

Cracker Jack

Love could alter his plans in a positive light, too.

I think you should tell him your true feelings, though. Once he comes back to town, you need to get in contact with him and talk to him about going beyond your friendship. I think waiting would only complicate things, and chances like this aren't a lifetime. I'm pretty sure he feels the same about you, so what do you really have to lose in this situation? Not much.

So, definitely tell him. Simply forgetting about it would not be beneficial to either of you; especially you.