Do i have a chance with him?

nolagurl07

So Ive been friends with this guy for about 7 years now. When we met it was back in highschool and about a year after that we had graduated and he joined the army. Hes been back and forth from his base in SC and iraq. Weve kept in touch all these years. I used to go visit him all the time when he was actually in the states. We have slept together a couple times but it never really turned into anything b/c i guess we never lived in the same state at the same time. We always joke around about how amazing our sex was. I guess the dilemma im having is hes finally moving back like home for good. Weve hung out a couple times and its been great. Although i know what kind of guy he is. Hes never really had that long term relationship the longest for him was 9 months. Ive watched him all these yrs talk about gurls hes dated but its never been me. He mentioned us dating in the past but i guess i was scared of him dumping me one day and then the friendship would be ruined. We are in our 20s now. I love him and i want us to work out one day for now we are friends. I dont want to rush anything but how do i go about trying to transition to that stage? Also do you think its me reading into things like if weve been friends this long why would he consider dating me now.

Chelle5671

I think you should ask him, if he disagrees then he isn't worth it. Honestly, it's your life too, and if he's gonna just have sex with you then i think he's better being just a friend. I hope I helped.

I think your biggest problem is going to be getting into a real relationship with this man, as opposed to some kind of FWB nonsense. It sounds like that is the road you'e been on so far. Unfortunately, many men actually prefer FWB to a real relationships, so maybe that is what he will want. You're going to hae to make clear what you want and make sure he is on the same page.

Yup,

You need to tell him in whatever way you can improvise, but be very clear to him about what you REALLY want with him. No BS. Just look into his eyes and tell him that you've been thinking about what it would be like to move your relationship to a higher level than just friends.

Give er ... and see what happens.

Friendship? Not as important at ALL as having him not only in your heart but in your arms.

If he's worth it, go for it. Better regret trying than never to have tried.

Curt