Friend-zoning a girl, what's the easiest way to go about it?

What's the best way to let her down easy?

tell her you love her, that should make her run away

skydiveaddict

Yes and also start acting very needy, clingy and insecure. It won't be long before SHE puts YOU in the friendzone

• Author
Yes and also start acting very needy, clingy and insecure. It won't be long before SHE puts YOU in the friendzone

Well that's a quick way to never speaking to her again, because it happened to my friend. He got attached (so did she, but suddenly she stopped) and they no longer talk.

I want to remain friends at least, so I won't do that.

I want to remain friends at least, so I won't do that.

don't waste your time being "friends" with the opposite sex....girls are for sleeping with

• Author
don't waste your time being "friends" with the opposite sex....girls are for sleeping with

Nah, I'm not that shallow. I've had female friends I didn't have sex with before, and she was one of my best friends.

Jilly Bean

I think you're creating an issue where one doesn't even exist.

Has she said she wants to date you? No.

Has she asked you out on a date? No.

You are creating this drama because you "think" she's attracted to you? Huh?

• Author
I think you're creating an issue where one doesn't even exist.

Has she said she wants to date you? No.

Has she asked you out on a date? No.

You are creating this drama because you "think" she's attracted to you? Huh?

I KNOW she's attracted to me, and I KNOW she's interested in me. Do you make it a habit of being wrong Jill?

Hey JB, nice to see you posting....

OP, the buzzword is 'clear communication'. All these tortuous twists and turns could be avoided if some simple and clear communication took place. It's not 'easy' but it is 'healthy'. You'll be amazed at the results, even if they aren't what you wished or expected. It's a quantum difference in how you *feel* about the dynamic. Bust a nut and try it, OK?

Indeed. IME, this is the quickest way to 'get rid' of a woman. Not as quick as 'will you marry me', but almost. Heck, I get rid of them now just by suggesting that I'd like to be married again. Bolters, ever last one of them... :D

Jilly Bean
I KNOW she's attracted to me, and I KNOW she's interested in me. Do you make it a habit of being wrong Jill?

Do you make a habit out of creating drama and issues where none exists?

I still fail to see why any of this is a thread.

So, you "know" she's attracted to you. She's never vocalized interest, nor made a pass at you, nor asked you out on a date.

Non-issue.

Hi, Carhill! :) I'm in mourning over the loss of my beloved CO and the UA thing. Bleh.

So, you "know" she's attracted to you. She's never vocalized interest, nor made a pass at you, nor asked you out on a date.

Non-issue.

Hi, Carhill! :) I'm in mourning over the loss of my beloved CO and the UA thing. Bleh.

You pretty much don't have to friend zone a girl because for the most part they will never ASK YOU OUT.

This is a bragger thread

Jilly Bean
You pretty much don't have to friend zone a girl because for the most part they will never ASK YOU OUT.

This is a bragger thread

LOL.

Or, wishful thinking...

• Author

Non-issue.

She has vocalized interest and made several passes at me. You really can't be this dense, can you? I've posted 3 topics about this woman, wake up.

Jilly Bean
I've posted 3 topics about this woman, wake up.

THREE topics about a woman you're not interested in? THREE?

Like I said, nothing but attention whoring on the boards and creating unnecessary drama.

Phoey. Total waste of time.

stillafool

What's the best way to let her down easy? Trust me, it's not an easy decision to make either since I do find her attractive. I just don't want to hurt her feelings, or screw it up by actually doing something with her.

If you want to "friendzone" her just ask her for advice on other girls you are interested in dating. Continue to talk about other girls you like or one other special girl. She will get the hint.

• Author
THREE topics about a woman you're not interested in? THREE?

Like I said, nothing but attention whoring on the boards and creating unnecessary drama.

Phoey. Total waste of time.

Asking advice is causing drama? There was no drama until you showed up making wild accusations.

DreamerGirl27

I understand what JB is trying to say. You don't seem like you really wanna friend zone her and if you do, I kinda sorta don't like you at all...not that you care or anything. But, seriously...like that other guy who posted those pictures of those hot women...would you friend zone them?

stillafool
I get that, and then it could be fun. Who knows? Maybe we'll get involved some day.

C'mon , are you sure you want to friendzone this girl? Your talking about being involved with a MW gives this girl the idea that you will (as another poster said) over step boundaries. If you want this girl as a "friend" you should talk about a "single" girl you are dating. This way the girl will think you are hoping for a one on one relationship with someone else. One other thing, if this girl is kind of nuts and you want to friendzone her why are you thinking that someday you two may be involved?

skydiveaddict

the friend zone exists only for men. the minute you try that on a girl she will simply ignore you and find some other guy

• Author
the friend zone exists only for men. the minute you try that on a girl she will simply ignore you and find some other guy

Actually it's going quite the opposite.

She had a party last sunday, and I didn't attend because the MW I'm talking to came over my place. I told this girl, and she obviously wasn't too happy, saying "Ouch...thanks a lot".

She came over with a couple people the other day and I'm in the middle of moving so my apartment was a mess, and I forgot I had left condoms out on my counter. I know she noticed because she asked "So...how was sunday?" with a slightly annoyed tone of voice, I just told her it was fun.

She's watching a relative and staying at their house, and she texts me out of the blue last night and basically says she just had sex and it was AMAZING. Now I'd believe her if it wasn't for the fact that she said she can't have visitors where she's staying, and that she's not seeing anyone. Also, who has sex and immediately contacts someone else to tell them? She's told me before she doesn't have sex with just anyone as well, so adding all that up it seems like she wants a reaction from me.

The conversation went into sex, fetishes and things like that. In my observation she did it to see if I'd be jealous, which I'm not, but it seems obvious to me that telling her I had sex with someone else bothered her, a lot.

This is fun, and no I'm not bragging. I was in a LTR with the same girl for almost 6 years and being single now is a totally different experience than it was then.

Edited by Engadget
DreamerGirl27

This is fun? Really? HONESTLY? Toying with this girl's emotions is fun?? OP...I honestly think something is wrong with you.

• Author
This is fun? Really? HONESTLY? Toying with this girl's emotions is fun?? OP...I honestly think something is wrong with you.

:rolleyes:

She's aware I just want to be friends, and I haven't told her otherwise.

• Author

Well a night of drunken mayhem and drunk texting I think assured we won't be speaking again anyway, hahaha.