Women, need : how to fix things with my friend?

applecore15

Hello, I'm needing advise on how to patch things over with my friend.

At my job I met this really great girl. Over the past few months we started talking a lot and we have a lot of interests in common. I was flirting with her and she was flirting with me and others started to notice the attraction between us too. But she knows I'm married. I really like her, I'm in the process of ending my marriage. Not because of this new woman, but because of a number of reasons that go back for years.

So my new friend/interest takes a new job closer to her home about 40 minutes away in another city. So we schedule lunch one day while she's between jobs. We've been texting and she's been sending me casual photos of herself, so she seems into me. So I think this lunch is a good time to tell her how I really feel about her and let her know things are ending with my wife. To speed past some details, we don't have lunch because she gets into a fender-bender on the way there so we didn't meet up. So I called her a couple days later and told her how I felt about her.

She tells me that she's enjoying being on her own because she recently got out of an 8 year relationship that ended badly (cheating on her) and wasn't looking for a boyfriend.

That was the last I've heard from her. I've sent her a couple texts and left a couple voicemails, but no correspondence from her. This has been over a week now.

So, I need some advice on how I can patch things up with her. Do I just give it time and not contact her or do I email her and apologize for crossing the line? Do you think she liked me because I was safe since I was married or maybe she really likes me and is scared that I would be available?

Please help, I don't want to loose such a good friend.

TaraMaiden

Text her.

"Look, I appreciate you don't want to get into a relationship right now, and I respect that.

If that's not what you want, I'm fine with that, and I'm not trying to take things anywhere. I respect you too much to do that.

But I consider you to be a good friend, and I don't want to lose that.

I hope all is ok with you. contact me, and maybe we can just have a bite to eat, or a drink.

Just to get a bite to eat and a drink! What do you say?"

(Always end with an open-ended question. That's one to which a 'yes' or 'no' answer isn't possible.....)