is she intrested in me??

ok, so theres this girl at my school and we are kinda close friends. we are both 14 and in freshman year and i see her in the last class of the day. she is new and we have known eachother for about 6 months now. she sits next to me and a group of her friends as well as my friends. we (me, her, and the friends) are usually always talking/ joking usually with the main topic of sex. i really like her but thats the problem... does she like me, and if i ask her out and it doesn't work out will it ruin our friendship.

we talk almost all period. she sometimes wants me closer to her. she just recently started hugging me and playfully hitting/ touching me. I try to get close to her and she dosent really mind, one of my friends dosent really like her and tries to avoid her and push me and her apart when walking home. i would usually push him out of the way but i dont want to seem like im really coming on to me (does that make sense?). we walk home together about 3 times every other week (parents are divorced), she usually has her bike but dosent use it and walks to be with me i guess. i dont know if she is doing that because she likes me, wants my company as a friend, or just dosent want to go home alone.

just this week we have been getting really close, she has been leaning on me and is alot more comfortable with contact. I really like her and want to ask her out. I have been in one other relationship before but since it all started with an end-of-the-year-dare i dont really consider it a full relationship so i think i am still uneducated in this stuff.

So should i ask her out, wait and look out for signs, or just leave it alone. i dont want to ruin our friendship, but at the sametime i want to be more than friends... what should i do?

--sorry for any spelling/gramatical errors--