I dont know !!!

Hi,

Ive never asked for advice like this before but here goes!

I have been working with a woman for just over a year now whom i adore!

We are around the same age,have the same likes and dislikes,we have bonded sooo well,txt eachother all the time and even go out together!In a way she is my life,she is my a dream girl!

We are now best friends and we constantly tell eachother that we love eachother!

I want to take our relationship a step further and so do our family and friends but i dont wanna risk losing such a great friend if it falls flat on its face and she is of the exact same opinion!

Do i risk my friendship for this?

How could i get her to get into the same mindset as me if i am convinced it may work?

Your opinions will be greatly appreciated!

Thx

If I could caution you against this:

In a way she is my life,she is my a dream girl!

Rather than idealizing her and putting her on a pedestal, why not commit to just keeping things real between you two, and to loving, respecting, admiring and appreciating her for who she REALLY is: a human being with talents, gifts and strengths...and also with weaknesses, flaws and shortcomings.

Don't turn her into some "fantasy Barbie doll" and imbue her with all sorts of characteristics, qualities and traits that she does not actually possess. You'll only make it so that she does not have a hope in hell of living up to all your unrealistic and unreasonable (fantasy-based) expectations.

It's this putting people on pedestals that cause us to act like doormats, desperate to try to keep their love and "approval". Please do not go down that road. It is ugly and hurtful to both parties.

As well, it's totally irrelevant as to what are your friends' and family's desires for the two of you. That has nothing to do with anything.

And also. What skydive said: Just go for it! (after you've gotten rid of all the fantasy crap.)

• Author

I gotta thank you both for your opinions,i made a move heres what happened...

She asked me round to her house on saturday evening,she knew i was supposed to be heading out with friends but she said it was important,so away i went hoping this was it she was gonna say the same thing i was but no..

she decorated her dam living room and wanted to show me..ragin inside but kept the smiley face on

after about an hour of talkin wallpaper colours and bloody paint i stood up and said 'im sorry but i needa know,what am i to you?' (in a nice tone of voice) shocked but smiling she said quietly 'everything'

I took her hand pulled her up of the sofa and we made out...

the greatest feeling ever ppl,neither of us have stopped smiling since!

Decided that we are gonna take things slow and keep it quiet for a wile cause outside interference from family is whats been keeping us apart so shhhhh!!!;)

Thanks for your help guys!!!

Sometimes love just needs a little push and a bit of courage...

This should inspire those who are still thinking if they should take it to the next level or not.:)