Would you consider this an obligation?

JadedHeart

How many of you would consider this a male to male obligation?

One of the guys is dating a girl from the social circle. She makes him keep it a secret in order to leave her options open. Claims he's nothing to her, just a play thing.

Yes this is the same girl from my most recent post, "Ignoring someone":Girl likes me, I don't. Needed advice on letting her down gently. I just found out the aforementioned material above after I made my previous post.

Today I received a creepy seductive voice mail from her. Should I tell this said boy toy to tell his girl to stop calling me?

Or just let him learn the hard way and not get involved. Okay she's constantly hitting on me so I'm already involved.

Which one? Former or the latter? Or perhaps there's a hidden third scenario one might suggest.

Next time she does that, tell her that if she ever calls you again, or makes any type of advance towards you, then you will tell your friend. (And then do it, if she doesn't heed your words.)

Regardless of what happens with her, and without putting yourself in the conversation, you could also have a general discussion with the poor sod guy, and ask him why he is settling for such an obviously negative/unhealthy-for-him situation. You could also suggest that he work on increasing his self-esteem.

EDIT: Actually, you know -- maybe he is totally cool with how things are between them. We're jumping to conclusions that he doesn't know or, if he does know, is unhappy about it. (Unless he's been bitching to you about it, already.) Maybe his self-esteem is perfectly fine, and he's as into using her as she is, using him.

Edited by Ronni_W