chance to be together again ?

himerusanderos

I had been dating this guy for about 4 years. A few weeks ago, he called it off saying stuff like, he doesnt want to comit to anybody right now. Weird, but okay.

We went about a week or so without talking and then one night he came over and we had sex. He spent the night and was very cuddly and lovey. Thats when i thought i had won him back, wrong.

He left the next morning, and then a couple days later he came back to spend the day with me. We had sex again but then he started reminding me that its not how it was before and we aren't together. He said we can still hangout and be friends, go to movies etc. just not all the time. Okay so i thought i'd give this whole friends with benniefts thing a try as long as the friendship part was maintained. We went out to starbucks and everything after and he even let an "i love you" slip.

I got worried, thinking he probably wasnt going to come around and he told me not to worry.

Now though, i feel as if i'm having second thoughts.

I don't just want to be his friend, i do want to date him, but i dont want to say goodbye to him completely.

I'm not quite sure what to do. Right now i'm trying to give him space to think.. but my head is all a mess. Will fwb get me anywhere into possibly having a relationship again, or is it just prolonging the break up ? :confused:

You need to keep something in mind here.

For most women, a committed, LTR is the best of all possible worlds. For most men, however, FWB is the best of all possible worlds.

In a FWB, a man gets all the things he would get in a LTR--affection, sex, companionship--but with no strings. FWB is the ultimate win/win, have-my-cake-and-eat-it-too situation as far as men are concerned. Most men actually prefer FWB to real relationships. They will try for a FWB if they can get it, and will only settle for having a GF if they can't.

NEVER enter into a FWB with a man with the hope it will grow into something more serious. It will never happen. He won't let it. And why would he? He's already getting everything he wants--for free!