What's the best solution?

Hello,

I'm a newbie so here's a big shout to everyone out there.

I'm currently in a very uncertain stage in my life where things are just so complicated with my ex.

We were together for a short period of time last year and became very close friends instead after everything ended. We even work together as freelancers and spend a lot of time talking to each about anything and everything under the sun. However, we have been arguing a lot recently. I just feel so tired when these arguments happen and we spend hours talking about it trying to figure out what went wrong. Our arguments can be over the most trivial matter; work, not being able to confirm a time to meet up or even just a simple hello gone wrong. Our most recent episode was when I used the wrong tone to address him on some matters for work. He got really upset and the next day he told me that he would not able to work with me further.

I got really frustrated as I don't understand why he has to behave like this nor why are we having all these arguments. We are not a couple yet it feels like we are arguing as a couple. Many times, I also feel that these arguments shouldn't be taking place nor should the both of us be so affected by it. What really hurts me is that he thinks that I want something from him each time we fight. I've made it quite clear that there is nothing that he can offer me and I'm just by his side as a close friend. I even asked him if the cause of these arguments are caused by any unresolved feelings and his answer to me was no. He has been seeing some one else for the last couple of months and I will be moving to a different country soon. So why do we still have all these arguments?

My ex has suggested that we both take a step back from our friendship and give each other some breathing space. This seems to be developing into a very unhealthy situation for the both of us. Should I just end this friendship and walk away from it instead before another argument takes place?

yeah, it is the time for both of you to just settle the issue

now sit and talk about your relationship and try to find out ways of whether you can continue or not........as you say you are business partners also so there is no room for both of you to be emotional about it

Try to separate for sometime.

How long between when you broke up and became friends? If it was almost instant, then you never had the distance that's usually needed in the case of a breakup. I think he's right in the fact that the two of you just just ease up for a bit. You don't have to end the friendship, but instead just put it in storage for a while. Let your minds rest and your feelings recover.