How Do I End This?

Okay so after almost a year and a half, I have decided to end my FWB relationship. Let me start out by saying that I truly love this guy with all of my heart, but I just cannot take the pain anymore. I have went through many ups and downs and I'm sure anyone who is in this situation can relate. One day I love him so much and decide that I'll wait for him and the next I feel so sick to my stomach because of the situation. I have never been so in love with a guy that truly only wants sex from me. I realized that if I don't end this soon I will end up ruining the chance at a good relationship someday. I actually turn down guys that truly want to take me out or have a relationship, just because I have so many feelings for my FWB. Of course, he claims he loves me but actions really do speak louder than words. So my question is how do I end this. Do I simply walk away, change my number with no explanation? Do I sit down and talk to him about my feelings (which I've done before) and see if anything changes? Or do I just firmly tell him I'm done and that's it? I don't want him to hate me because I do care about him, but I know that I can't go on talking to him if we can't be together. It hurts too much. Any advice would be helpful, thanks.

.....do I just firmly tell him I'm done and that's it? I don't want him to hate me because I do care about him, but I know that I can't go on talking to him if we can't be together. It hurts too much. Any advice would be helpful, thanks.

Yeah.

Way to go, Sis.

brokendream

I would just tell him I'm done. If he cares about you and wants something more then he'll let you know.

I agree you need to end it for your own sanity. You want more from the relationship and you not only want, but need more. It's a tricky situation. I can imagine you want so much to believe him when he says he loves you etc, and maybe he does, but it's not the way you want deep down inside. I feel if you were to just close all contact, he'd only come knocking, i don't believe it would actually end it so to speak.

My advice, and it's only what I'd do, you need to do whats best and easiest for you, I would tell him this isn't working. I'd tell him your getting emotionally attatched and don't want to continue as you don't believe he feels the same. I'd say through all this time, I've changed as a person and I feel the times right for me to take a relationship that one stage further.

You could see what his reaction to that is...

In my opinion, if you tell him how you feel, you leave him options...

a) He will say he feels the same and try continue on the relationship but change nothing. Showing he holds no regard for your true feelings.

b) He can actually show you he feels the same, that you mean much more than 'just sex' but i feel it will take time and it's maybe time you don't want to waste.

or c) He could agree to end it. Knowing that it's unfair to have you too involved for nothing but a one sided feeling.

But personally, i feel you may be risking too much to see his reaction. I would therefore be tempted to tell him how you feel and tell him for that reason, you have to end what is only proving to be a sexual relationship in order to free yourself and find what you desire. A love that goes beyond sex.

If he cares about you as much as you do him, he wont hesitate to show you he feels the same. If he doesn't, you see your right to end it. It wont make it easier but it will, in the long run, show you whether or not he can give you what he wants.

i love relations and i appreciated women heart love

you say you still love him so please don't be hurry to cut off your relation , any body who making hot with you so he has something about you, maybe he has some problem make his actions sounds different than his feeling, if you insure he love other girl or he isn't care with you with no reasons so cut off is a must