Too soon?

brokendream

I broke up with my boyfriend about 4 weeks ago and I'm wondering if I really should be dating someone else. I didn't plan this but I got chatting to an aquaintance on fb a few days after I split with my boyfriend. We've been out a few times...about 5 dates and I've had sex with the guy which was fantastic.

Since I've slept with him he's been calling me every day. We spent the day at the beach fri. He wanted to see me last night but I made excuses and planned a date for tomorrow night instead. The guy knows I just broke up with someone so I hope he doesn't expect too much. I'm not over my ex by a long shot but I also like this new guy and I don't want to hurt him. I just can't give myself emotionally at the moment. Do you think I should tell him this or just end it?

heavensmesenger

To be honest...do what ever makes you feel happy but don't lead anybody on.

Be clear about what you want/expect/need and that way nobody gets hurt.

Just be careful because some people know that immediately after a break up, there are little feelings there just sex if you get me so make sure he's not using you too!

Best of luck with it and remember please be honest, don't play games.

Oh and if your ex comes back into the picture, make it clear with him that it's over and your moving on don't string him along as you'll just destroy him inside.

• Author
brokendream

The thing is, I'm not even sure what I want myself. I'm not sure how I feel and I didn't mean to get involved with someone so quickly...it just happened. I turned him down last night because it meant that I'd be meeting his parents. Soooo not ready for that now. I haven't even told anyone that I'm seeing him.

I have thought that maybe he knows the way I'd feel just after a break-up and he could be using me too. The fact that that doesn't bother me worries me a bit. Maybe I'm just looking for someone to be with intimatley myself.

I'll talk to him tomorrow and tell him how I feel cause it's not fair on him if he wants more than I can give. If he's happy with a casual relationship then I'll go with it.