A little lost

KennyNicholas

Hey im new to this site but like most people ive joined up because im lost and need advice.

Ive been talking to a girl for over 5 years online, in those 5 years ive seen her get together with her boyfriend and then it all fall to pieces after 4 years, in those 4 years she always came to me for advice she was scared and he was always on her case an overprotective boyfriend.

They broke up in march 2010 and me and her got talking a little more and she said how she likes me and wishes she could be with me but the one problem was the distance as shes like 200-300 miles away from me, so last month (june 2010) i decided to visit her (i knew it was a girl for sure so i wasnt scared to meet her).

We hit it off pretty well all week nothing happened but i didnt expect much to happen, my intention was to meet the girl ive been talking to for the past 5 years. While i was there i was online to a few of my mates on her cousins pc and without knowing my chatlogs were unforunately saving to his computer despite me turning the settings off.

The chatlogs were just my feelings and opinion and her friends didnt like it and she also took some offence to what had been said, i know im an idiot for such a thing but ive had her mates constantly abuse me online for over a week but it seems to be dieing down now.

Everytime i try to talk to her she wont reply to my messages but when she wants to talk she ends up having ago at me for something and then wont reply to the replys i send her. Ive said to her how im sorry and i admit to my faults we all make mistakes after all, she means more than anything in the world to me and i dont want her to completely block me out of her life for good.

I found out that she wants me to prove myself to her in order for her to forgive me, but from 200-300 miles away i just dont see how i can prove myself, she said she doesnt want to talk unless i prove myself but from what i can see all i can do is talk to her from this distance

Can anyone please give me some advice thanks so much

General LoveFist

Well if you want my opinion on everything, then I think she is obviously upset over whatever has been said, and in a way this does show she must have cared for you a lot and still does if she is feeling this way. I think the key to these kind of situations is to engage in conversation but keep it very brief and short, and then slowly rebuild the trust again.

The last thing you want to do is cause an argument, or keep constantly trying to speak to her because out of personal experience the only thing that will happen if that you will end up pushing her away even more, and that is obviously not the result we want. While what you did obviously upset some people I don't think it was right of them to abuse you, two wrongs don't make one right as they say after all.

As for proving your forgiveness, I guess you could send her a bunch of flowers or I buy her a present maybe, or even just write her a simple letter saying why you are sorry, I am sure she would appreciate the effort you have gone too, although in the letter if you decide too I would avoid talking about the bad stuff, and write more about positive stuff and what she still means too you.

Best of Luck!