ex wont talk to me since he met new girl

lliquidsilver

Hi,

I have been good friends with an ex of mines for a few years now and we used to talk regularly but he met someone a while ago and now he never gets in touch at all. It's strange because we stayed in touch through his other relationships, his new girlfriend knows we are friends and is ok with it so I dont think she is the problem. I feel a bit hurt that he wont talk to me now. Has this happened to anyone else ? Should i just accept that we are not really friends anymore and forget it ?

ps we are just friends there is nothing more to it, Ijust feel a bit phased out.

thanks

Hi,

I have been good friends with an ex of mines for a few years now and we used to talk regularly but he met someone a while ago and now he never gets in touch at all. It's strange because we stayed in touch through his other relationships, his new girlfriend knows we are friends and is ok with it so I dont think she is the problem. I feel a bit hurt that he wont talk to me now. Has this happened to anyone else ? Should i just accept that we are not really friends anymore and forget it ?

ps we are just friends there is nothing more to it, Ijust feel a bit phased out.

thanks

He's probably just really busy with her. Don't read too much into it just yet.

• Author
lliquidsilver

Thanks for taking the time to reply,

I know he probably is busy with his new relationship but he was never like that before so I am a bit annoyed he cant even send the odd text message !

Maybe the new girl is more opposed to your friendship than you think.

It's also possible that he used to keep in touch with you because he still held a torch for you, and this new girl has blown him out of the water, so he doen't feel the need to remain entangled with you.

People in love often go into caving mode initially.

• 2 weeks later...
Crazy Magnet

You could always just ask him what's up and explain to him how you feel. Friendships with ex's can get complicated and some new gfs aren't going to like you. Ultimately his loyalty will have to be with his SO and you might get pushed away for a while.