He won't marry me

Spruce Goose

Spruce Goose

Hi I really seed some help! I am 32 years old and my boyfriend is 27. We really love each other and he treats me wonderfully. He is very good to me. We have been together for 2 and a half years. The problem is he isn't interested in marriagor having kids, but I am in the future. He says marriage is an outdated institution and kids are basically a burden. He insists he is committed to me but doesn't think it's necessary to marry or have kids. He thinks we're just going to grow old together and be single.. I can't see myself never marrying or having kids. Whenever I bring the subject up , he gets very uncomfortable and doesn't want to discuss it. Should I give him an ultimatum? i'm not sure if it's his younger age or whether he will always feel this way. He is really good with other people's kids by the way. I am having a hard time feeling close to him when I know we think so differently about our future.

He has made it extremely clear to you: He doesn't want to get married and he doesn't want to have children.

You have made it extremely clear: You want to get married and you want to have children.

I think you have clashing goals and objectives for your lives.

I am curious to know if this has been his positional all along and you are now troubled by it or is this something he just came up with. I guess it really doesn't matter at this point.

Why would you want to give him an ultimatum? Do you really want to force a man into doing something he says he doesn't want to do so he can throw it up at your face for the rest of your days on the planet? I don't think so.

Go forth now, from this time and place, and find a man you can love and who without mistake wants the same things out of life that you do. That is I believe the purpose of serious dating.

I am truly sorry it took you this long to learn of a most serious conflict in your life goals. If he has mislead you all along until now, kick him in the butt for me. If he has been honest with you all along, well, uh.......

billy the kid

well I don't want you to kick him for me, but maybe for your self... he is wasting your reproductive years.. so as Master T has said leave and find some one who shares your dreams, obviousialy he doesN't

He has made it extremely clear to you: He doesn't want to get married and he doesn't want to have children. You have made it extremely clear: You want to get married and you want to have children.

I think you have clashing goals and objectives for your lives. I am curious to know if this has been his positional all along and you are now troubled by it or is this something he just came up with. I guess it really doesn't matter at this point.

Why would you want to give him an ultimatum? Do you really want to force a man into doing something he says he doesn't want to do so he can throw it up at your face for the rest of your days on the planet? I don't think so. Go forth now, from this time and place, and find a man you can love and who without mistake wants the same things out of life that you do. That is I believe the purpose of serious dating.

I am truly sorry it took you this long to learn of a most serious conflict in your life goals. If he has mislead you all along until now, kick him in the butt for me. If he has been honest with you all along, well, uh.......