after 5 years is over

My gf and Have been dating for 5 years and we had some minor bumps in the road and 1 real breakup that lasted a couple months. The break up was over that I needed to change certain habitis which were benificial to me and i did change.

We started to hang out again and we were right back in love. Everything was going Great between us I mean really really Great. She is telling me How she wants to get married to me have babies with me and a home. She told me she feel in love with me again. We were getting ready for France trip and I was going to ask her to marry me. Well that is not happening now she is going to France alone. she doesn't want me to be there with her.

Within 1 week of her telling me she wants to get married and have babies she flips on me says her intution says its not right and wants a break. That she needs this break to make sure I'm the right person.

A few days later she is hanging out with another guy who she met through work. they went out on about 4 times in 2 weeks.

We hung out once since the break up she said that she had a great time, she feels comfortable with me and it feels right, but isn't 100% sure about getting married to me. that she should be 100% sure

Instead of going on a last date w/ the other guy I asked to just tell him on the phone to end it she said "i'm not ready for that yet". So her last date w/ him she went road biking and dinner (mind you they having in common besides work, but she likes talking texting email w/ him). i waited for to get home and she got home 2am. She told me she ended it with him no more talking email texting or seeing this guy. Part of the reason she ended it is because I told her if you need to find out if I'm right for you then you need to be alone and not with him or anyone else. She also said the closet they got was walking arm and arm nothing else and she has always told me the truth.

Now she just says she needs to be alone for awhile and for me to leave her alone. I'm having trouble doing this because we have a special bond together. When we were together we had many people come up to us and say you 2 make a great couple. we still had google eyes for each other after 5 years.

I just know we were ment to be we have so much in common we both are very active outdoors. Both from NJ lived in Wyoming at different times but had the same friends and just enjoyed being with each other.

This other guy is what broke you up. She is playing the field and I'm sure he is still in the picture. You need to be frank with her and tell her if she wants a break and go to France without you then you and she are done. Don't sit and wait for her decision. If someone doesn't want to be with you it's time to find someone who does. She isn't holding all the cards in the relationship.

It sucks but it takes 2 4 a relationship and if she is absent then you have no choice. Good Luck.

• Author

yeah but i'm not ready to give up. I think the time in France will help her know what is right for her. I know the reason why we broke up is because of someone else, but she never kissed him, just held hands. If there was something there she would have kissed him by now imo and she says she could never kiss him just enjoys his company.

She is in her mid 30's and I'm in my late 30's. Her family loves me and our families get along real well. The problem is it's how she misses me and loves one minute then isn't sure if i'm right the next minute. it is that time of the month which just started and she said it was heavy. Are hormones making her crazy?

Edited by jmo