Religious girls...

I go to Utah State University where about 80% of the students are Mormons, and Mormon girls typicaly only go for Mormon guys. I am not Mormon which makes things more difficult. Though there is only one girl who catches my eye who I would like to get to know, but I only see her in one of my classes. She sits by herself, infact most of us sit by our selfs, its a class capacity of 300 students, but only 40 students for this particular class, and everyone tends to spread out with empty seats between them, you know how it is. I sit in the front and she sits somewhere far away, so it would be awkward if I sat near her especially if I even tried to talk to her. There is never any opertunity for me to talk to her, plus she might be Mormon. I just don't know what to do, life is not fun.

-Thank you 4 reading

Life is *INDEED* not fun for a non-Mormon in Utah. Members of my family have lived in Utah, and have had to move away, simply because Utah seems to be a social theocracy that ostracizes those who are not Mormon. It's just a girl, sit by her, talk to her, make plans with her--whatever. But if she's zealous in her religious convictions, you might have to convert to Mormonism.

If you can't find a girl who isn't of the latter day saints, you ought to move away from Utah.

Whoa thats gotta be weird. Where I come from girls are willing to strip tease at a counter bar. There has to be other mortals like you, keep searching.

Maybe you could casually go up to her after class one day and mention something that had been discussed there, and see where it goes from there. Sometimes one has to simply create an opportunity.

Good luck.

Originally posted by UCFKevin

:laugh:

"I don't know about you, but Satan gives me a huge hard on."

:eek::eek::eek: Careful with that one!

If she says, "Me too!" --RUN like hell.

..wondering what to do with Kevin??????.......... :D

Potgut (and hoping this is not a description of yourself)...why don't you strike up a conversation like Reasontosigh suggested with the goal of finding out just where she stands on religion.

If she is a Mormon, admit you are not, but would be interested in talking to her about it.

That way.....you'll be a possible 'convert'...not a non-Mormon 'pervert'.....LOL!

I could see where going to college in Utah would be rough for someone who wasn't a Mormon. Any reason why you chose that particular area?

• Author
Originally posted by Arabess

..wondering what to do with Kevin??????.......... :D

Potgut (and hoping this is not a description of yourself)...why don't you strike up a conversation like Reasontosigh suggested with the goal of finding out just where she stands on religion.

If she is a Mormon, admit you are not, but would be interested in talking to her about it.

That way.....you'll be a possible 'convert'...not a non-Mormon 'pervert'.....LOL!

I could see where going to college in Utah would be rough for someone who wasn't a Mormon. Any reason why you chose that particular area?

I choose this school since my home is in Utah and this school has a very good Natural Resource program, something all the other Utah colleges were missing. Though I am Christian today, but I am also a former member of the LDS. Every girl I end up liking is LDS, I think I would scare them if I told them that I left the church along time ago.

"Potgut" is a Utah slang word for "squirrel"

• 3 weeks later...

Rules for Dealing w/ Religious Girls (From my experience)

1. Learn something about the religion so you seem interested and not ignorant, but never use it as a conversation starter.

2. Find an open activity to do, such as a hike, rock climbing or something else. Just make sure its innocent.

3. BE A FRIEND TO HER FIRST, DONT SHOW INTEREST RIGHT AWAY

4. Let her make the move, don't be the agressor or you'll freak her out right away. If she cares about you enough, shell put religion behind her for a sec so she can hang w/you or make you convert :)

• 6 months later...

Well to tell you something, I understand just the opposite. I am a "Mormon" and go to UNLV and let me tell you it is a little harder to find a "mormon" girl. But I just want to give you all some advice on why they TEND TO TRY to date only other mormons, the main reason being, that as members of the LDS church, from the moment we can talk we are taught to be honest, chaste, benevolent, kind, virtuous, etc. all qualities that today's world makes a complete mockery of. This doesn't at all mean that only members of the church have these qualities, or that all members of the church are perfect, quite the contrary. All of us are humans and all makes mistakes, but when trying to find the person you would like to marry, you do it through dating, and as such you come to find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. This is a large part of why LDS girls tend to date LDS guys for their beliefs and the way they have been raised.