Crush dating best friend, how do you cope?

The girl I (used to) like and who I haven't really gotten over yet is now dating my best friend. She knows I like her / used to like her but doesn't feel the same way (obviously). How do I cope with this? I felt like I was doing well in getting over her, but now that she's dating my best friend I start feeling bad every time we hang out together with the rest of my/our friends. Every time they touch eachother or something(in non-intimate ways) makes me want to get up and leave. I don't want her feeling bad for me for liking him, but at the same time I don't really enjoy hanging out with friends when they're with us. How do I deal with this/get over her other than just waiting for me to stop having feelings? Not seeing her/them is not an option since it would really **** up dynamics in our group of friends.

you find an even hotter girl :laugh:

Seriously though You are in a tough situation. I would consider talking to your best friend in private and get him to at least give you a heads up if she will be there to. Then pick and choose when you chill together.

Not alot of options for you in this situation unfortunatly

Good Luck

• Author

The problem is though, she's almost always there. Even before they hooked up she used to hang out with us as friends. So not going if she's there (which would probably be the sensible option) doesn't work well because it means hardly hanging out with my friends at all.

I'm afraid my options are basically full NC (which isn't really an option) or sucking it up and hope I'll feel better as time goes on? To be fair, I'm 21, so it's most likely just a crush and not a full blown spiritual connection or w/e, so I should be able to get over her in due time, even though it won't be pleasent.