He is ignoring me !!

alwaysconfusedd

alwaysconfusedd

I have known a guy for 4 years on and off. We have had problems , and reconciled on numerous occasions. I met him to say goodbye before relocating to another country.He made advances on me, I allowed him. He told me to keep in touch three times so far. I did , and I told him I'm coming back to the city he stays in for a few days , and no response from him.

why would he repeadtly tell me to keep in touch , and now ignore me ? Is he worth staying in touch with?

Thank you for your response.

I'd say he was just being nice by saying he wanted to be in touch.

He might be making sure you'd be there for him if he needed you, and right now that's obviously not the case.

That being said, he's probably not somebody you would want to spend your time with, because you'd be wasting it.

Good luck!

How long as it been for his response, or lack of? Perhaps he just got busy. What about overall with him? Does his response time stay pretty much the same? Say almost instant response or does he usually take a while?

If he doesn't respond within your own designated time in your mind, that doesn't mean he's ignoring you. You can't dictate when someone responds.

Ignore him right back. You're worth way more than to put up with that nonsense

What nonsense? He responded didn't he. He just didn't respond in her pre-determined time frame. Jesus, if someone takes long than .03 seconds to respond, they are ignoring you?

What did he say in his response? Was it worthwhile?

• Author
alwaysconfusedd

I am visiting the city I used to live in , and I asked him if he would like to go to lunch when I arrive back in town.

He said "yes let me know when your back, hope your ok.".

I dont know if I'm being paranoid , but doesnt his reply seem a bit indifferent.

I mean I'm always the one contacting him , he does respond but I dont sense much enthusiasm.

What do you guys think ? Slightly indifferent maybe ?

Would you consider it somewhat worrisome if you always had to initiate contact ?

I appreciate your input.

I am visiting the city I used to live in , and I asked him if he would like to go to lunch when I arrive back in town.

He said "yes let me know when your back, hope your ok.".

I dont know if I'm being paranoid , but doesnt his reply seem a bit indifferent.

I mean I'm always the one contacting him , he does respond but I dont sense much enthusiasm.

What do you guys think ? Slightly indifferent maybe ?

Would you consider it somewhat worrisome if you always had to initiate contact ?

I appreciate your input.

Yes, you are paranoid. You can't sense emotion from text. The emotion you are sensing is the one your overly paranoid mind is creating.

What part about, yes I want to see you so let me know when you are in town, is such a bad thing? Certain people you will meet in your life are always responders and not initiators. They respond, so why make a fuss about it?

Someone always has to make the first step to contact someone. In this case, it's you. He's responding to you. He wants to see you. Jesus, what more can you ask for? If he was indifferent his response would be either nothing at all, responding but ducking the questions, or something exceptionally vague like "Ok." Yet he did none of that. He responded, he clearly wants to meet with you, and wants you to let him know when you are in town.

• Author
alwaysconfusedd

I guess I'm so wrapped up in the fact that he never said he likes me after 4 years of knowing him. I do have doubts regarding his lack of initiation and concise responses. However, we all express ourselves differently.

Its nice to come here on this message board and obtain some interesting perspectives.Cheers guys :)

Perhaps when you see him be blunt and ask him where he sees the two of you going. Get him to help with your perspective. If he refuses, or is wishy-washy, then you have your answer. If he says friends, you have your answer. If he says more, you have your answer.

I think you owe it to yourself to get out of limbo land, whatever the outcome is.