it would really be so nice

billy the kid

Dover's Story

OK, Billy, here is my story.

I married a great guy back in 1992. I was very beautiful and shapely at the time (not bragging, but true).

Well, life started to get really hard for me for some reason. It affected me so that I got fat and did not look too pretty anymore.

My husband didn't even seem to notice the change in weight and was very supportive of all I was going through. When I got to the point where I couldn't even clean house, do laundry and cook, he did NOT say a word. He automatically took it upon himself to perform these tasks and remained loving and supportive and never put me down. He was always encouraging and showed much faith in me.

Well, a couple years ago we separated for reasons having nothing to do with my problems. He moved into an apartment about 15 minutes away. We stayed best of friends and he continued to help me in every way he could. Most recently (oh, about a month or less ago) he hooked up with a new girlfriend .... the first girlfriend since our divorce. He has let her know that he and I are best of friends and that he intends to remain there for me. I told him should that bother her, maybe he shouldn't have told her and just go our separate ways so as not to ruin it between his girlfriend and him and that YES, I would understand (and I would ... it would hurt to lose him as my best friend, but I would certainly understand).

Well, he said NO WAY. He and I are best friends, that our friendship means a so very much to him and if any of his girlfriends cannot accept it, then he would not want them for a girlfriend. To this day, he remains a loyal, supportive, caring and loving best friend. I feel so very blessed!

Billy, how is THAT for a happy story! Cool Beans, huh?

Dovier

BILLY THE KID

Great story Dover thanks..

OK, Billy, here is my story. I married a great guy back in 1992. I was very beautiful and shapely at the time (not bragging, but true). Well, life started to get really hard for me for some reason. It affected me so that I got fat and did not look too pretty anymore. My husband didn't even seem to notice the change in weight and was very supportive of all I was going through. When I got to the point where I couldn't even clean house, do laundry and cook, he did NOT say a word. He automatically took it upon himself to perform these tasks and remained loving and supportive and never put me down. He was always encouraging and showed much faith in me. Well, a couple years ago we separated for reasons having nothing to do with my problems. He moved into an apartment about 15 minutes away. We stayed best of friends and he continued to help me in every way he could. Most recently (oh, about a month or less ago) he hooked up with a new girlfriend .... the first girlfriend since our divorce. He has let her know that he and I are best of friends and that he intends to remain there for me. I told him should that bother her, maybe he shouldn't have told her and just go our separate ways so as not to ruin it between his girlfriend and him and that YES, I would understand (and I would ... it would hurt to lose him as my best friend, but I would certainly understand).

Well, he said NO WAY. He and I are best friends, that our friendship means a so very much to him and if any of his girlfriends cannot accept it, then he would not want them for a girlfriend. To this day, he remains a loyal, supportive, caring and loving best friend. I feel so very blessed!

Billy, how is THAT for a happy story! Cool Beans, huh? Dovier

On the subject of you...

You have many deep-seeded misconceptions of the ways of this site.

Billy, everyone has gifts. Our individual talents vary as greatly as we as individuals do. Some people are able to communicate and express things in a language that reaches out to people while others are skilled in artistic expression or some other medium. The point is that there is no valid measure of comparison in either quality or effectiveness for anyone who posts here.

You've decided to single out one or two frequent contributors to this site, and frankly, what you do with your free time is only of your own concern. But as a suggestion, why not channel your energies here towards offering tidbits of experiences to those who find themselves in situations you might be better accustomed with. Might I remind you that this is not a competition, nor will competitiveness be tolerated here.

There are no "Masters" nor dictators here to lay down the law. This is a place for education and discussion. Items which are of no significant value to personal growth and understanding are removed simply to prevent "clutter". If you don't like this, go elsewhere.

Again, this is a discussion forum, which by definition, *promotes* discussion. If anyone wants to share experiences that may be of some comfort or benefit to others, they are certainly welcome to do so. "What's your e-mail address?", "Where can I get cookie recipes?", and "Are you single?" do not meet this qualification. The new system will allow for general, off-topic discussion areas, options for personal communications, and other features, but at present, in order to provide the best experience for everyone, this behavior is discouraged.

Let's focus on you for a change, hmm?

Best wishes,

LoveAngel

could we have a weekend of really good ones like from" never expected this to happen" Yes tony I , oh I'm sorry