Should I confront him?

Can someone help me?

There's this friend of mine, and he and I have a lot of chemistry, but for many reasons we were unable to be together, even though we as much as admitted to the other person that our feelings for each other were more than friendly. For the past few months, he's been sending a lot of mixed signals. Sometimes he'll pay me a lot of attention and sometimes he won't. For the record, I have a lot of feelings for this guy. Lately however, I've been hearing less and less from him. This is upsetting to me because he is leaving soon to move to another country, which will basically end our relationship as we know it. I've come to terms with this but this means that our time is growing very short. Despite this, it's not unusual for me to go for days or a week or two without hearing from him (though we used to talk every day).

Recently he invited me to go to a movie with him. He picked the movie and the time and we agreed to meet 15 minutes beforehand. Exactly 15 minutes beforehand he called and told me that the movie was sold out and could we hang out another time?

Here's the thing: even though I'm usually super late, this is one of the few times I was early. And I saw by looking at the board that there was no movie at the time we were scheduled to meet. The last viewing of that show had been in the early afternoon.

Basically I found out that he'd deliberately lied to me, not once (the movie time) but twice (because how could the movie be sold out if there wasn't a viewing for it?). I don't think he's covering for a mistake he made because that's not how he is. If he made a mistake, he would have admitted it and offered to do something else. He did neither of those things. And I think he was counting on my being late to keep him safe. I am confused over why he did it, hurt because he did it, and that combined with the general feeling of neglect has made me angry. I want to confront him about it but I'm not sure if I should. He also promised to contact me the next day and guess what, he didn't.

If anyone can tell me what they think is going on, you are more than welcome. But mainly my question is should I confront him about this? Or am I overreacting? And if I confront him, should it be in person or over the phone?

Edited by Shannyn