Ex interfers with thinking

hurtingandconfused

I am not doing too well in school and need advice on how to do your normal activities with less interference. How do you guys(those who go to school) study? I cannot study without thinking of my ex. It's horrible I want to do well (read..understand the concepts) but she comes in my mind 24/7. I need help overcoming this obstacle. Every sentence I read she's there. I am unable to comprehend a sentence because of the memories or I start to wonder what she is doing.

There are people who go thru the same feelings you are going thru who have to hold down jobs and raise kids. Just like you.....they have to find a way to continue until the thoughts are no longer controlling their minds.

It sounds goofy....but you CAN control your thoughts and not give into them all the time. After the first couple of weeks....you've got to pull yourself together and get on with your life. All the 'what if's' in the world isn't going to chance the end result.

Turn off the music (not much of a healing tool), find some other things to do and when these thoughts come back into your mind....push them out. Take control. You can't let them wreck your future.

This isn't the last love of your life. You have many things in your future to look forward to! :)