Why so serious?

GardenFlower

so i got a partner in my class and for the first two week it went fine. i was actually happy because it was the first time in my life i was getting along with a non relative boy. in general i am not used to connecting with people. i was living a semi recluse life until recently. nevertheless i tried to be as nice as possible and keep lots of eye contacts and smile alot. i also try to make conversation.

now i feel like i did something wrong. today i tried to chat but it felt "hard" like he didnt want to talk. i didnt email him back the other day because i figured i would talk to him in class. i said hello and he didnt respond. then he was like "did you get the email?" i said that i read it but i didnt get to respond cuz i was busy. he wanted to terminate the conversation shortly after and i didnt like the idea of him just sitting behind me and saying nothing so i started a bunch of small talk.it felt like i was forcing him after a while so i stopped.

da hell is his problem? he isn't what i would call friendly but very polite.im still befuddled by the response. i dont know what i did wrong. do you think it was because i didnt send the email? i sent it today.