Stupid Stuff

It seems as if I am always getting mad at my bf for stupid things. We've been together for over a year and he seems to be getting too comfortable with the relationship. He is never romantic and never surprises me. I have to remind him that girls like flowers and surprises. It is like we're married. I am getting tired of reminding him of little things like opening the door for me and so on that really do make a difference to me in our future. I also got mad at him recently because we had a nice evening together and he ended up falling asleep while I was still there and I walked myself out. (we don't spend the night together) I understand that he works but I think it is extremely rude to fall asleep while you have company over.

Well, if it's like you're married and you don't really care for how it's going then you certainly don't want to actually marry him for real.

He doesn't sound like he can offer you the kind of romancing you need in your life. Just to caution you, most men back off big time on that flowers and chocolates thing once they've got their gal hooked...so don't expect that a whole lot even from the best of us guys. But I think you can do better than what you've got now.

You can't force somebody to be romantic and to make you feel special. Either they do or you split and find somebody that will.

This fellow does not sound like the man you really want to marry and spend the rest of your life with.

Tony is absolutely correct, a guy is either a very attentive individual by his nature, or he is not. You cannot change him. But, you certainly can find a guy that will fit the bill of your romantic wants and desires.

If you decide to stay with this guy, don't expect anything to change. You will continue to lead a very frustrating existance. I speak from experience having dated both kinds of guys.

Best of luck.