I need to get out of this Infatuation!!

Christie

OK, here's the deal. I am totally infatuated with this guy and I just can't do anything because of it! I feel like he cast a spell on to me. I can't sleep, I can't study, I can't concentrate. The problem is is that I know he is a flirt and that he didn't really mean much when he flirts with me, but I still want to hold on to that "hope" that things might work out.

Well, the story begins like this..so please endure it. I am this guy's TA at a university and he gained my attention because he turned in some pretty interesting, shocking assignments (I have over 100 students) Well, I sort of thought he was an interesting character, but nothing much.

One day he came up to me after class probably to ask me a question, anyway, I asked him whether he was going to the come to the office with me to pick his assignment up and he said yes. At that time I was carrying a big box that contained more assignments so I asked him whether he could help me carry it back to the office and he replied "if you promise to come to my concert". He's a lead singer in a band...I was surprised because I thought he was hitting on me. He always smiles at me in a flirtatious way and he seems to act a little "too cool" around me. I was interested in him before this incident, but ever since then, I sort of thought of it as a sign and totally got infatuated with him. My friends are telling me that he's just being nice to me to get good grades, but he is already getting great grades, not by me, but on his tests. What should I do?! I can't get him off of my mind!! ARGHHH

HELP!!!