Love worth waiting for

I've had the pleasure of 'knowing' you for about six weeks now. I've been able to sign into the forum during frequent breaks-in-the-action on a consulting assignment here in St. Louis. Next week I'm moving more into the mainstream of things and may not be around the forum too much. I just want to say thanks for the advice and to share a little inspiration:

I first signed on heartbroken and confused when a friend I "loved" did not return my feelings. We had been quite affectionate physically and that affection lead me to assume he loved me.

Following the advice, I backed off the friendship immediately. Surprisingly, it was my feelings that changed and not his. The time and distance gave me the perspective to see he was not a man I could have loved as a husband. Seeing this strength has drawn my friend back to me. The friendship will last and now we're both in control of our feelings and have a new security and freedom with each other to say our yes's and no's.

I also received a beautiful gift of meeting (re-meeting, that is), a man I hope someday to marry. He has been a missionary in Indonesia. I first met him 3 years ago and was so impressed I asked God to make him my husband. Since re-meeting him two weeks ago, I have become good friends with his sister who surprised me by saying that she and their parents have suggested me to him as a possible wife. He is open to the idea but wants to see how things develop first as friends.

The moral to the story:

Time gives perspective

Time proves character

Love based on false hope or wishful thinking is hopeless

True friendship is based on honesty and respect

Love is worth waiting for

There is no knowing what meandering path God is leading you through to bring you to your future love. The best is worth waiting for so stick to that meandering path; friends will keep it from seeming too lonely.

Best wishes to you all and

Thank you for your advice when I most needed you,

Taressa

billy the kid

Good luck and I wish you the best and God's speed & love.

I've had the pleasure of 'knowing' you for about six weeks now. I've been able to sign into the forum during frequent breaks-in-the-action on a consulting assignment here in St. Louis. Next week I'm moving more into the mainstream of things and may not be around the forum too much. I just want to say thanks for the advice and to share a little inspiration: I first signed on heartbroken and confused when a friend I "loved" did not return my feelings. We had been quite affectionate physically and that affection lead me to assume he loved me. Following the advice, I backed off the friendship immediately. Surprisingly, it was my feelings that changed and not his. The time and distance gave me the perspective to see he was not a man I could have loved as a husband. Seeing this strength has drawn my friend back to me. The friendship will last and now we're both in control of our feelings and have a new security and freedom with each other to say our yes's and no's. I also received a beautiful gift of meeting (re-meeting, that is), a man I hope someday to marry. He has been a missionary in Indonesia. I first met him 3 years ago and was so impressed I asked God to make him my husband. Since re-meeting him two weeks ago, I have become good friends with his sister who surprised me by saying that she and their parents have suggested me to him as a possible wife. He is open to the idea but wants to see how things develop first as friends.

The moral to the story: Time gives perspective Time proves character Love based on false hope or wishful thinking is hopeless True friendship is based on honesty and respect

Love is worth waiting for There is no knowing what meandering path God is leading you through to bring you to your future love. The best is worth waiting for so stick to that meandering path; friends will keep it from seeming too lonely. Best wishes to you all and Thank you for your advice when I most needed you, Taressa