Yesterday was a strange day...

Yesterday was overall...just a strange day.

I posted a thread towards the end of the afternoon, in the breaking up section, but my posts to it aren't showing up.

I was having my own inner turmoil throughout the day to begin with, and as I was driving home, I receive a phone call from my cousin to tell me her boyfriend was rushed to the ER. He collapsed in his shower from a brain ananeurysm. I think he will be okay (thank goodness!), the physicians are still undergoing MRI scans to determine if neurosurgery is required.

My poor cousin, she has not had at easy at all. She lost her brother a few years ago unexpectingly, then her grandfather shortly after, then her kitty died, and now this (plus she is Type 1 diabetic and has had all sorts of problems). She is made of steel though, its amazing. I really hope her boyfriend will be okay. I can't fathom my cousin going through another big loss so close together in a few years span.

Later in the evening, I receive a phone call from a Private Number and I answered hello, but no response. I must have said hello 5-6 times, and the person wouldn't answer, so I hung up. Ten minutes later I receive a text message on my phone from someone I have not spoken to for several years... My ex who I was with for 6 years. In his message, he said "just wanted to hear your voice". :confused: And a few other things he wrote...

What a blast from the past, I say.

I was not sure if I should reply back, so I didn't. And a few minutes later, he sends a few more texts. I don't know if I should reply at all, because what would be the point, right? But, I also spent several years with this man and not saying at least hello back, seems strange.

It's not a big deal either way if I do or I don't respond, but I just wondered what most people would do and/or have done under similar circumstances.

i would respond back. just for the hell of it. unless hes an ex cause hes crazy.

• Author
i would respond back. just for the hell of it. unless hes an ex cause hes crazy.

I don't think I'd respond, just for the hell of it. No, he was not a crazy ex, overall he was a good guy and always looked out for me otherwise. He just betrayed my trust in the end.

• Author

I was feeling cathartic when I wrote this, and things are better today.

My cousins boyfriend is fine, and I my ex has not contacted me further.

I also had to get in tune with my thinking patterns in terms of another thread I posted, which I have acknowledged, and will continue to focus on in general.

So, I can close this thread.