"Treats me like a queen"

eerie_reverie

eerie_reverie

Does anyone else feel :sick::sick: about this expression??

I think of queens as senile geriatrics with bad taste in clothes, lacking in a real-world skill set.

I think they are probably treated with faux-deference, people kissing their ass to stay in line with tradition, because what is one supposed to RESPECT a queen for?? Being born in a castle??

Why would anyone want that???

When you've been married 50 years and your husband, miracle of miracles, is still alive and wheeling you around the old folks home, doting on you and showing you the depth and longevity of the love he's had for your entire married life, you'll know what the phrase means, in real terms. I saw many such men while I was caring for my mom. Gems. Good luck in your journey :)

I hate it as well. I would rather find a guy that gives me mad passion and butterflies. Being treated like a queen always makes me think of "He is kind of meh and doesn't do it for me in bed but at least he is nice to me".

When you've been married 50 years and your husband, miracle of miracles, is still alive and wheeling you around the old folks home, doting on you and showing you the depth and longevity of the love he's had for your entire married life, you'll know what the phrase means, in real terms. I saw many such men while I was caring for my mom. Gems. Good luck in your journey :)

The facebook part of me wanted to instinctively 'like' this, but then I realized there wasn't an option for it on this forum. :mad:;):love:

Carhill, those men could have had mutliple affairs in their married life - you just don't know.

Treating your girlfriend/wife like a queen kinda implys you put her on a pedestal and treat her better than she treats you...

Citizen Erased

I think of queens as senile geriatrics with bad taste in clothes, lacking in a real-world skill set.

I think they are probably treated with faux-deference, people kissing their ass to stay in line with tradition, because what is one supposed to RESPECT a queen for?? Being born in a castle??

Firstly, I'd like to introduce you to the next Queen of Denmark:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary,_Crown_Princess_of_Denmark

Possibly the best dressed woman in the world.

Queens are apparently coddled and spoiled their entire lives, given everything they want and hopelessly adored by their subjects and their husbands. Reality is in fact different, most of their husbands are notorious cheaters, some of them have lost their pretty little heads and been scorned for hundreds of years. But people that know squat about royalty, history or current, may only see all that glitters and the bows and the pretty castles and think I have a guy that treats me well, I am completely fulfilled in my life and he makes me feel special like no other, well I think they can be excused for using such a corny term.

My guy treats me fantastically but if I catch him walking behind me out in public and it's not cos he's checking out my arse, he's getting a royal spanking ;)

Ruby Slippers

I use this expression sometimes. I am aware that it's trite, over the top, and not literal. But I am a romantic and a dreamer, and hyperbole can work to great effect sometimes.

If a man is treating me "like a queen", I am also treating him "like a king".

An example is one time when an ex found detailed instructions online for how to give a pedicure, and spent about two hours going through the whole ritual for me. I soaked it in, and a couple of days later, I cooked him a gourmet five-course Italian meal, then later gave him an hour-long, full-body massage in bed.

We both loved giving and receiving what we did. Though we didn't give to get, it was never one way. It was an endless loop of love, respect, kindness, and mutual adoration.

I wouldn't want to bother with anything else. If you really love someone, all this comes naturally.

I hate it as well. I would rather find a guy that gives me mad passion and butterflies. Being treated like a queen always makes me think of "He is kind of meh and doesn't do it for me in bed but at least he is nice to me".

Carhill, those men could have had mutliple affairs in their married life - you just don't know.

In all fairness, one gets what one asks for.

I prefer being treated like a goddess by my boyfriend. :cool: And he prefers being admired and loved for the man that he is.

Treating your girlfriend/wife like a queen kinda implys you put her on a pedestal and treat her better than she treats you...

For the first and only time, I agree with Wayne.

The phrase suggests unjustifiably unequal treatment.

I would rather find a guy that gives me mad passion and butterflies. Being treated like a queen always makes me think of "He is kind of meh and doesn't do it for me in bed but at least he is nice to me".

This is the main problem with many modern women summed up in just two sentences.

SAC, I really hope, for your sake, that you manage to find someone who gives you both one day. It's really sad to read your cynical viewpoints, when this really is possible. Yes, of course, it may not last, they may break up later, the guy may get some personality disorder and turn into a complete asshat... but it is still possible. And every man and woman should have the chance to experience that at least once in their life.

I treat her like a queen if she treats me like a king. We are supposed to want the best for the people we love and care about.