What's a good girl to do?

[font=arial][/font]I have been seeing a guy for about 6 months. He tells me he loves me but we never do anything together except on the weekends and it is basically sex. It seems very passionate but I feel if he really loved me he would want to be with me more. He says he just does not want to be in a relationship right now. What should I do? :love:

He tells me he loves me

I don't know why we (and I've fallen into the same trap) believe them when they say this but act otherwise. He only wants to have sex with you, won't see you otherwise, and doesn't want to be in a relationship. What he loves is sex with you. Ditch the jerk and find a real relationship. Believe what people do, not what they say.

He's told you he doesn't want to be in a relationship right now ie. he just wants someone to have sex with.

Do you just want someone to have sex with?

If yes - carry on.

If no - dump him.

If you're comfortable with the situation, by all means, go ahead and continue. It sounds like you may want more though. Is that correct? If yes, it does not sound like he's making any move towards anything more than what you currently have. Don't expect anything more than what you are currently getting. Actions speak louder than words.

People that are in love usually tend to do more together than just hook up on weekends.

ruledbythesun,

you are a f*** buddy. this is the harsh horrible truth. this is ok if this is what you want, but if you continue to stay in this relationship, not getting what you want, you can only blame yourself for your eventual victimization within it. he has said he does not want a relationship:BELIEVE HIM.

you are getting about 1/4 of the time that real girlfriends get, and about 15% of the respect. don't settle for this.

jenny said it bluntly but best.

Try withholding sex from him when you see him and see where that goes. It might convince you (may break your heart too) that you are wasting your time with him.

It may be better to get your heartbreak over with now rather than waiting.