Too Serious??

Hi:

I just broke up with or was dumped rather by my girlfriend because I was getting too serious too fast. I am very romantically inclined and when I find someone attractive who is responsive and loving, I tend to get a crush rather fast. Now apparantly I scared her off by saying I love her, so next time I'll be the wiser.

Just the same, I think different girls have different intensity levels when it comes to commitment, love and getting serious in general. Certainly in my case, when we made love, I began to want more from her commitment wise.

Is this wrong on my part?

Hi Perry. Do you know how many of us women want that commitment, and to hear those 3 little words, "I love you?" I think your girlfriend had the problem. And, personally, I feel there should be a commitment before making love, and yes, even being in love before making love. It all ties in together in my book. Thanks for your response to my post - so, I guess you'll have to move on too, since we've both been dumped. Good luck!!!

Hi: I just broke up with or was dumped rather by my girlfriend because I was getting too serious too fast. I am very romantically inclined and when I find someone attractive who is responsive and loving, I tend to get a crush rather fast. Now apparantly I scared her off by saying I love her, so next time I'll be the wiser. Just the same, I think different girls have different intensity levels when it comes to commitment, love and getting serious in general. Certainly in my case, when we made love, I began to want more from her commitment wise. Is this wrong on my part?

Most women I know want a challenge. They feel that love not earned or that which comes too easy is of little value. Ladies want a run for their money. The very best parts of a relationship are often those special parts of it that slowly lead up to the I Love You part.

Don't take my word for it. Ask around. The majority of women would not only reject you but become sickened and nauseated by someone who came on too fast and who fell in love with them very quickly. There is just no intrigue, mystery or challenge to that.

The very best things in life take time. Those feeligs you have initially probably aren't real love anyway, but testosterone swirling around through your blood system and smart girls know that. Romance them, court them, be a man, be a challenge, don't be predictable, make them want you so much it hurts...and after a period of time, and timing is EVERYTHING, then tell them how you feel if you must.

I hope you don't have a reputation for falling in love with every girl you go out with. Ladies won't feel very special if that's the case either.

Too serious??? You bet your butt. Lighten up...have some fun...and let true love happen the way it's supposed to. You have a lot to learn about how to drive ladies crazy and one way it's NOT is to be too easy!!!

I would have to agree with Tony on this one. Although no one should ever be bashed for the way that they feel. I being a woman (last time I checked, haha) can relate. If a man told me he loved me too soon I would take it one of many ways... 1) he is desperate. 2) he wants to get me in bed with him. 3) he has self-esteem issues... you see what I mean? Females want to be "smitten" so to speak. Play hard to get, make me want you. If the cat just lays there, theres no point in sticking around... I mean, wheres the fun in that? I wish you luck, and hope that you understand that true and honest love takes time. You have to have a mutual trust, respect and all that good stuff (sex is just a perk.) Take Care

Tony:

HeHe, your probably right and my experiance with her has me properly recalibrated for the future. :) Freshly divorced, perhaps I was looking to replace lost intimacy.

Thanx for the input!

Most women I know want a challenge. They feel that love not earned or that which comes too easy is of little value. Ladies want a run for their money. The very best parts of a relationship are often those special parts of it that slowly lead up to the I Love You part. Don't take my word for it. Ask around. The majority of women would not only reject you but become sickened and nauseated by someone who came on too fast and who fell in love with them very quickly. There is just no intrigue, mystery or challenge to that. The very best things in life take time. Those feeligs you have initially probably aren't real love anyway, but testosterone swirling around through your blood system and smart girls know that. Romance them, court them, be a man, be a challenge, don't be predictable, make them want you so much it hurts...and after a period of time, and timing is EVERYTHING, then tell them how you feel if you must. I hope you don't have a reputation for falling in love with every girl you go out with. Ladies won't feel very special if that's the case either.

Too serious??? You bet your butt. Lighten up...have some fun...and let true love happen the way it's supposed to. You have a lot to learn about how to drive ladies crazy and one way it's NOT is to be too easy!!!