How to Meet People to Date

lemonworld

If you've got a purdy face, then you should do pretty well with online dating...it's worth a try...

Walk down the street with a $100 bill clenched between your teeth and a salami slipped into the front of your pants.

I think a $100 bill hanging out the front of your pants and a salami clenched between your teeth is more intriguing. ;)

I think a $100 bill hanging out the front of your pants and a salami clenched between your teeth is more intriguing. ;)

Or put the $100 in your pocket and rock two salamis... :)

I'm young, and handsome, but I really don't have any friends, and I'm not in school. how can i meet girls to date?

You've got me curious, as I am always wondering where to go to find the young and handsome.

A lot of the young guys, like myself, like to do activity sort of things. So, say, dancing, going to music gigs, sports, even some like cooking classes, etc.

Join a class is a nice way of meeting people. You have a common interest already.

Charity functions I have found to be a great place to meet good-looking girls.

How do you feel about random approaches? Supermarkets, coffee houses, libraries, bookstores, basically everyday places you would be able to meet people. If they find it creepy or they don't take too well to it, move on. But, you'll get more comfortable with approaching just about everyone.

I would say... do not go to nightclubs. I find that would be fun with your friends and just to have a good time. If you want someone who is relationship material, I am not sure a club is the best place. If I had a girlfriend, we would go clubbing for fun.

Titania22, what sort of guy do you want?

Titania22, what sort of guy do you want?

This is an honest answer, it is not meant to offend anyone.

I am interested in meeting an attractive thin white male around the age of 20. I am interested in a short term relationship, primarily based around hot sex.

There it is.

This is an honest answer, it is not meant to offend anyone.

I am interested in meeting an attractive thin white male around the age of 20. I am interested in a short term relationship, primarily based around hot sex.

There it is.

That's fine. We do not all want a long-term relationship. I thought I did... but a relationship isn't even on my agenda nowadays. Just a bit of fun.

I think university is probably the best place to meet them or even clubs.

That's fine. We do not all want a long-term relationship. I thought I did... but a relationship isn't even on my agenda nowadays. Just a bit of fun.

I think university is probably the best place to meet them or even clubs.

The club probably is 26-29yr olds keep hitting on me, they are very agressively assertive and take seem to accept 'no, i am not interested in you', so I don't get the chance to scope for 20yr olds. Though I am looking for a club with a younger average clientele.

I have considered university, but I don't really want a second degree (i am still trying to talk myself into it). I got a job on campus earlier this year, but the work severly limited my ability to flirt with the students. (How dare someone give me a job, and actually expect me to work. Didn't they realise they were just paying me to check out the guys. :p)

Would it be weird if I justed hanging around the university library, whilst not actually being a student?

Definitely go to the clubs with younger people. I am sure there would be quite a few. Just grab one of the young guys that catches your eyes and dance, and do whatever ;)

Well, I don't think it would be a good idea to go to uni again if you don't really want a second degree.

Now getting a job on campus was a great idea. However, depends on the job. :p If only they knew what you were doing. I think coffee places on campus would be a great place to work. Just that whole atmosphere and you can always flirt. Or, working at places nearby that uni students frequent.

I think it could get weird when one asks you "what are you studying?" and you come up with a less than convincing answer. However, there are plenty of university events that you can attend, even if you're not a student.

Definitely go to the clubs with younger people. I am sure there would be quite a few. Just grab one of the young guys that catches your eyes and dance, and do whatever ;)

Well, I don't think it would be a good idea to go to uni again if you don't really want a second degree.

Now getting a job on campus was a great idea. However, depends on the job. :p If only they knew what you were doing. I think coffee places on campus would be a great place to work. Just that whole atmosphere and you can always flirt. Or, working at places nearby that uni students frequent.

I think it could get weird when one asks you "what are you studying?" and you come up with a less than convincing answer. However, there are plenty of university events that you can attend, even if you're not a student.

Yes, I worked at a cafe for that reason.

And I agree I think it would be weird when they ask "what are you studying?"

I appreciate you responding and taking my question seriously, because I am quite determined, but don't have much to show for it so far.

I have done marriage, LTR, I am financially secure and not looking to breed. Essentially I want to enjoy my sexuality with someone who hasn't been ruined yet.

You could try going to an 18+ club. One of those would probably have younger people who are looking for someone. :)

I find that the girls working at the cafe around my area make that cafe more popular than the others. They are absolutely lovely.;):love:

Well, maybe you should start a thread and see what others suggest! There area heaps of people who have gone through it and willing to share their experiences.

As for the OP, I think you should make friends first. It means you'll be out there meeting new people. Go to every event you see around or are invited to. Just as long as you are out there.

Today I was talking to a handsome fellow with unfortunate facial hair in the art museum. We were having a pretty successful conversation when it occurred to me, "I am a woman. He will be FLATTERED if I come on to him."

It was a strange moment, because on some level I've always associated such female behavior as 'dumb.' But that, I guess, is how the whole thing works.

I didn't do it though, because I am a wimp - but maybe you should?

You could try going to an 18+ club. One of those would probably have younger people who are looking for someone. :)

Hey GooseChaser,

In Australia 18 in legal drinking age, so we don't have specific clubs for that. But I am thinking there are probably clubs that naturally appeal to different age groups. I have found a club that looks promising, but I haven't been yet. Wednesday or Friday night seems the hot nights at that club. So maybe tomorrow night, or next week.

Thanks for the advice.

Today I was talking to a handsome fellow with unfortunate facial hair in the art museum. We were having a pretty successful conversation when it occurred to me, "I am a woman. He will be FLATTERED if I come on to him."

It was a strange moment, because on some level I've always associated such female behavior as 'dumb.' But that, I guess, is how the whole thing works.

I didn't do it though, because I am a wimp - but maybe you should?

I do, when I find one I like, I am not shy, believe me on that.

I find that the girls working at the cafe around my area make that cafe more popular than the others. They are absolutely lovely.;):love:

Well, maybe you should start a thread and see what others suggest! There area heaps of people who have gone through it and willing to share their experiences.

As for the OP, I think you should make friends first. It means you'll be out there meeting new people. Go to every event you see around or are invited to. Just as long as you are out there.

Ok, I will start a thread now.:eek: