How long to wait, in order to have sex with your bf?

How long do you wait to have sex with him?

a) the first days of knowing him.

b) throughout the first month

c) through the second and third.

d) wait until the sixth

e) after the sixth month

What do you thing is most appropiate and why?

Listen, I can go on and on about what is 'moral' or 'appropriate'. I believe the best time to have sex with your partner is when you feel comfortable, respected, and appreciated. Sex isn't something that you can just pencil in, or set a time-frame on.

My mentor told me that, as a woman, I should treat my body as a temple, and allow those in who see it as such. This outlook can be interpreted in a variety of ways. I decided to have sex for the first time two months ago at 21. It seemed natural because my boyfriend respects me and views me with a mixture of wonder and skepticism. He postponed his graduation to help me pay tuition, as well.

You'll know when you are ready, and please, don't forget protection...lol.

The worst thing you can do is set some arbitrary time period to wait to have sex.

"I'm going to make sure he loves me so no sex for six months." That's garbage.

For the record I think it should be around the first and possibly the second month. But most importantly, you have to feel ready.

I strongly recommend not doing it within the first week of knowing him. Some guys will actively try to get quick sex and then think less of the girl when they accomplished their goal.

• Author

Thank you some dude!, really,

I was thinking. I am gonna have sex with him until the 6 month.. until it was too hard, and I did it in between the time of two months hehe..I was feeling horrible, and awkwardly just moraly because my father had told me.. don't give yourself too fast or you are going to regret it, or you are not going to last, or he is not going to respect you, or he is only gonna be with you because of sex, or he is not gonna love you, or he is not gonna view you as the girl you are but as some sort of utencil... I felt horribly with all of these brainwash, I was having remorse, horribly!!!... A remorse my father gave me by brainwashing me!.. and truth is my boyfriend has good intentions, and shows me he really cares, treats me like a princess. And I feel good to have done it with him. I feel horrible with my father of course. As if I had betrayed his confidence or something like that.

Thank you

d) wait until the sixth

e) after the sixth month

I need to get to know you for a little while.

Sex should not be something you are forced to do through pressure from a partner. Once you are ready to have sexual relations with a partner the most important thing that you should think about, is protection.

HIV and many other STIs can be contracted through not using protection, such as condoms and the morning after pill.

A friend of mine had a one night stand and did not use protection. He had to visit a sexual health clinic and get tested to put is mind at risk.

Have any of you visited a gum clinic before?

:eek:

HIV and many other STIs can be contracted through not using protection, such as condoms and the morning after pill.

Uh, the morning after pill DOES NOT offer any protection against STIs.

Arabella

d) wait until the sixth

e) after the sixth month

i hve been with the same guy for 1year and half but have known him for just over 2years. we worked together and when he left we got together we started meeting on 10th may (last year) and had sex on 13th may (last year) this was my 1st time with anyboby and we did not start going out till july however we are still together now and i have never had sex with any one else

In my last relationship (which lasted nearly 3 years) we had sex the night we met. Even before we were officially "together"... though neither of us was with anyone else in the 2 weeks or so before we did make it "official".

I'll tell you what, it makes the first few dates so much easier. There is no pretence, you really can focus on getting to know the person without worrying about "Should I kiss her?", "should I ask her back to mine?" type nonsense or any body image issues you may have.

Admittedly, I'm not recommending this. A lot of guys would probably take advantage of that situation because they are just after sex, but those of us who actually enjoy having a girlfriend rather than just a sex partner can see that there are far more important things in a relationship.

Honestly though, setting a "deadline" or a "no entry until this point" type thing will probably strain the early relationship. If you feel you're ready and the only reason you're not having sex is because of your self imposed time restrictions, you *will* give off the wrong message to him.

Edited by tb24

IMO, appropriateness can go to the devil.

More importantly, do it when it feels right for you. But if you'll note, a lot of women can't orgasm. It sincerely makes me wonder how many have sex too soon with men they don't really know or trust enough to totally relax and enjoy the intimacy of the experience. To me, hot monkey sex includes a lot of trust, respectfulness of boundaries whatever they might be, unselfishness and of course, passion within the bedroom.

Sex should not be something you are forced to do through pressure from a partner.

I agree with you! You can't forced to have sex but you'll notice sign of sex feel from your partner when he is ready, like while kissing, sitting to together..etc

Sorry for my bad English!

there are no rules.... when you both can comfortably talk about sex. when you both feel totally comfortable about it. Do you trust him?