Isn't it important to know if they'll hit you?

samsungxoxo

This is the topic I'm absolutely intolerant with.... you don't hit a beloved one no matter how much they're provoking you not even if nasty words were hurled out esp. not a woman (common sense).

Anyways I'm not sure if this is right but see when I was getting to know my now ex boyfriend one of my 1st question was ''What's the worst thing you ever did to a girl'' and it was simply sending her to hell for cheating. While dating I would then proceed to ask if he ever hit one to which the immediate answer was NO and the only time he would is in a life-threatening situation (ex: girl is trying to kill or starts choking him) but not as to retaliate which I agreed on this. There is a big difference between hitting to get the person off you who is endangering your life or someone else's and just doing it because they hit first or for other stupid reasons relating to their ego (foul language, talking about one's mother, yelling, etc).

I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to know a man's temperament and how he sees this topic. Or I'm I doing something wrong? As for why we broke up, it's a completely different story but I'm I really doing the right thing asking early in advance and stating my opinions about this area which I'm sensitive to.

Lastly, when we were not even gf/bf... I would let him know I would not tolerate this ever.... he would be dead in my eyes....

Edited by samsungxoxo
strength-abounds

Good topic samsung.

Unfortunately, I see these displays of aggression about 2-3 times a week. Nothing p****s me off more than a 300lb man using his 130lb w/gf as a punching bag. It's completely and udderly unjustified. When a disagreement between lovers happens, the man should have the balls to step away and resolve the conflict LIKE A D**N HERO!

I agree that in times of a life threatening situation, a physical response on the man's side may be warranted. But not because his lover drank the last beer!