in love with my best friend

Ok, I've never tried anyhting like this before but this situation has gotten out of hand. the problem is that i am in love with one of my best friends at college, "matt" and sometimes it seems like he may feel the same way about me but he has a serious girl friend back home. i've pretty much been crazy about him since he moment i met him about a year ago and we came to be close friends. i've been trying to wait things out.. thinking that maybe him and his girl would break it off but nothing has happened. so i don't know what to do. i want to tell him how i feel. i've really never felt this way about anyone before and i'm scared of making our friendship awkward and getting terribly hurt in the process. in addition, it's gotten to the point where i can't even think of anyone else. i have been out on dates with other guys but i never give those guys a chance b/c i'm so crazy about "matt". ahhhh! what do i do? help!

I would seriously consider how important his friendship means to you. Can you bare to lose him forever? Because if the 2 of you do become involoved and he decides to go back to his previous relationship, things will never be the same for you and him again. Trust me I know...

Good luck,

Scorpio

billy the kid

this is really so simple, but people in love seldom see the simple stuff.. I've been where you are and I might be wrong but at least think about what I am telling you,K???

go and talk to him, and tell him first that you don't want him to break up with his back home girl...then tell him how you feel only tone it down a bit.... two things happen here.. he learns that you have feelings for him, and you get a load off of your chest...now the ball is in his court... so if his relationship back home is not sound, he might choose you. then again if it is sound he may never speak to you again.. so plan for the worst, then take the plunge....what do you have to loose... by being so honest he might consider you a true friend...I would.... good luck

Ok, I've never tried anyhting like this before but this situation has gotten out of hand. the problem is that i am in love with one of my best friends at college, "matt" and sometimes it seems like he may feel the same way about me but he has a serious girl friend back home. i've pretty much been crazy about him since he moment i met him about a year ago and we came to be close friends. i've been trying to wait things out.. thinking that maybe him and his girl would break it off but nothing has happened. so i don't know what to do. i want to tell him how i feel. i've really never felt this way about anyone before and i'm scared of making our friendship awkward and getting terribly hurt in the process. in addition, it's gotten to the point where i can't even think of anyone else. i have been out on dates with other guys but i never give those guys a chance b/c i'm so crazy about "matt". ahhhh! what do i do? help!

You want to tell him you love him but you can't risk the friendship? Most people will tell you to be honest with your feelings and tell him.Honesty is really the best thing to do.

But I say ,cheat!!!!! Be honest,express your feelings but NOT verbally.Let him know you love him by the way you act ,and talk and be with him! Shower him with tenderness!! Bombard him with kindness! Smile smile smile(till you puke)!! Make him laugh laugh laugh!! Make his little corner of the world bright and happy!!!Charm the daylights out of him.Then after a while,STOP.

Just stop it all once you think he is starting to apreciate it.This will make him think."Why did she stop all of a sudden? Can my girlfriend do the same for me ,as she has? DO I really want to lose what I just enjoyed?"Then he will be forced to see you in new light,hopefully.And he has to decide whether or not to pursue you.

Ok,I admit it.This is a pretty lame brained idea I came up with.I've never tested it myself ,so I don't know if it will work.It might even backfire.Heck,it might create the MOTHER-OF-ALL-BACKFIRES. But atleast you can go back to being just friends if it doesn't work.If he ask what got into you,just say it was one of those "women things guys never understand."