so what is it supposed to mean?

WildWildWest

I've been seeing a guy for the past year now... In the begining we aggreed it wouldnt be a serious relationship since I had just got out of a terrible marriage and he had been really hurt by his previous relationship... over time I started to like him more and more... of course that was gonna happen right? a few months ago I told him that I should end everything because I felt like he didnt feel the same way I did... he seemed to have freaked out a bit actin as if he didnt want me to by acting like I never mentioned it.. he told me things could change.. so here I am months later and im really falling for him.. Im not good at expressing my feelings so I decided to write him a letter to tell him how much i liked him and how i wanted to get closer than we are now. how I would be willing to do whatever it takes to be with him and that i wasnt rushing anything i just wanted to know if he felt that it could become something more in the furture... I said its best that I kno now than further down the road.. well afte I gave him the letter... he calls me hours later and we talk for over 3 hours.. but he doesnt even mentioned anything bout my letter? Does that mean he doesnt feel the same way bout me? Was I supposed to ask him? I am really confused :(

• 1 month later...
dreamingoftigers

It actually sounds like he likes you on some level but that he is incredibly conflict avoidant or simply just doesn't get it. How is this going now?

Well he seems a bit shy to me.

But since he didn't mention the letter... I'd straight up ask him what he thought about the letter.

In my opinion, he doesn't feel the same way, and doesn't want to let you down. But of course, I could be completely wrong, and don't let that discourage you from asking him!