American Women: Threatened by Foreign Women?

Untouchable_Fire

Respect is earned, not given.

I myself, like the OP, also sometimes date outside the American spectrum of women. Really cant say I blame him one bit. The cultures, personal responsiblity, attitudes and outlook on life are so much different. It really is refreshing.

Yes, I find that European men tend to be without bitterness and they are also quite to my taste in terms of looks and world experience.

Yes, I find that European men tend to be without bitterness and they are also quite to my taste in terms of looks and world experience.

So you are no better than the men you condemn. Your attitude and theirs are cut from the same cloth.

On a side note is that what song American Woman is about? That was back in the 60s and I didn't think this sentiment was too big back then

So you are no better than the men you condemn. Your attitude and theirs are cut from the same cloth.

heh, no. I date outside of America mainly due to Euro's lack of bitterness. I have never seen a man from Europe, black or white, saying "All European women are skanks! I'm going to date African women from now on!"

Strangely, I have never seen that many African/Euro couples so the guys and the gals from Europe don't seem to be bitter, but American men?

Gosh, I can't be attracted to a taller man, or to a man with more muscles, I can't even be attracted to a guy who loves Homer's poetry, because some other guy would instantly hate me/claim all American women are trash.

Just because I wasn't interested in the guy.

Look,, would most guys prefer to date me or Angelina Jolie? Angelina Jolie. Do I have that against them? Am I bitter? No. There are plenty of guys out there, attractive male and female Americans, guys and gals with good personalities. Just look for them.

My preferences are more peculiar because there aren't that many natural blond guys in America and my family has a very deep connection to the land we came from, Europe.

Women might call it bitterness, I call it being honest. Women talk oh so much about how they want an honest man. Then when it actually happens, it must be because one is bitter. If I remove the word bitter from your responses, you really dont have much merit left to be addressed. Besides, what does this have to do with the original OP? He posed a legit question.

I also like European women. So we can agree on that.

On a side note is that what song American Woman is about? That was back in the 60s and I didn't think this sentiment was too big back then

Is the original version different from the song Lenny Kravitz sings? Kravitz's song I find to be insulting.

You still prefer to date outside of your nationality because you consider the men to be better quality. Men like the OP do the same thing with women. It's not much different. Also if you think there are no bitter men overseas you should check out some British message boards I have stumbled upon.

• Author
Untouchable_Fire
I have a couple of male friends who have wives/serious gfs from other countries, just as I have a couple of female friends with husbands/serious bfs from other countries. No big deal. I have not noticed a mass defection of American men in my area, nor any bitterness against American women here--we're all too busy, men and women alike, being bitter about the messed up American political system and media. The only place I ever hear generalized American female bashing is on Loveshack, but to be painfully honest, a lot of the most bitter people on LS strike me in many ways as simply being young and rather rigid and provincial. I just feel bad for them and hope they figure out less painful ways to maneuver through their lives.

I never had a Friday evening to chat about this stuff in my youth. The only reason I have time now is because my GF is taking care of hospice patients as a volunteer.

This site won't even be a thought in my mind tomorrow.

That being said I do know one guy whose wife is, I suspect, a 'mail order bride'. I could be wrong, but that is my guess. They seem to get along well enough and it's really none of my business so it's not something I spend a lot of time thinking about.

You can tell your mom the truth without badmouthing/smearing unfairly, and you should do it, if she plays an active role in your life and thinks she is knowledgeable about your girlfriends. Your mom being on your current girlfriend's side will make life a lot easier for your current gf.

As for the topic/thread title, I think you're being disingenuous. "I thought it fit the topic well," hmm? Yet in your opening post, you said yourself that you were getting more flak from MEN than women? This just feels like a purposeless little dig at women, maybe more out of reflex at this point than anything else, despite your pleas for no gender-bashing in the thread itself.

Honestly, I don't want to admit to my parents how bad my xGF hurt me. I'm over it and I've talked to some of my close friends about it... but I'm still really ashamed that she tricked me out of nearly 10 grand. Especially when I knew the relationship was in a rough spot. :o

Maybe the title is a bit contentious... but so far the conversation has been very civil, and I'm making an effort not to stir the pot.

Is the original version different from the song Lenny Kravitz sings? Kravitz's song I find to be insulting.

It's pretty much the same thing. The original version is by a band called the Guess Who. It's just a song so why get so worked up about it?

• Author
Untouchable_Fire

Wasn't the original song a War Protest song or something?

Women might call it bitterness, I call it being honest. Women talk oh so much about how they want an honest man. Then when it actually happens, it must be because one is bitter. If I remove the word bitter from your responses, you really dont have much merit left to be addressed. Besides, what does this have to do with the original OP? He posed a legit question.

I also like European women. So we can agree on that.

Again, it's a matter of the women you've encountered in your life so far. Euro women aren't creatures of the forest, there to protect the weary traveller, to give solace so he can reach Black Gate of Mordor in a better shape.

America has over 300 millions; half is female.

´

I'm pretty sure you are going to find bad apples in America and in Europe? How many more millions are they? Even more bad Apples. You can find gold in a casket and you can find a snake in a casket; are you going to forget all the caskets?

heh, no. I date outside of America mainly due to Euro's lack of bitterness. I have never seen a man from Europe, black or white, saying "All European women are skanks! I'm going to date African women from now on!"

I think you just proved woggle's point.

Anyway, I'd say this is more of big-city vs small-town, as opposed to American vs. Foreign.

Trust me, there are plenty of places outside of the US where women act just like the "American" women. And American women from small town USA that do NOT act like "American" women.

I think it's big-city vs small-town. Nothing to do with nationality or ethnicity.

Wasn't the original song a War Protest song or something?

The [COLOR=#0645ad]song's[/COLOR] origins took the form of a live [COLOR=#0645ad]jam[/COLOR] in [COLOR=#0645ad]Kitchener, Ontario[/COLOR].[COLOR=#0645ad][5][/COLOR] The group was rushing into the second set and began improvising a rhythm to liven up the crowd. [COLOR=#0645ad]Burton Cummings[/COLOR], the lead singer, began improvising lyrics to fit the music.[COLOR=#0645ad][5][/COLOR]

Shortly after its release The Guess Who were invited to play at the [COLOR=#0645ad]White House[/COLOR]. Because of its supposed anti-American lyrics, [COLOR=#0645ad]Pat Nixon[/COLOR] asked that they not play "American Woman".[COLOR=#0645ad][6][/COLOR]

Interpretations of the lyrics

The song's lyrics have been the matter of some debate, often interpreted as an attack on U.S. politics (especially the [COLOR=#0645ad]draft[/COLOR]). [COLOR=#0645ad]Jim Kale[/COLOR], the group's [COLOR=#0645ad]bassist[/COLOR] and the song's co-author, explained his take on the lyrics:

“The popular misconception was that it was a chauvinistic tune, which was anything but the case. The fact was, we came from a very strait-laced, conservative, laid-back country, and all of a sudden, there we were in Chicago, Detroit, New York — all these horrendously large places with their big city problems. After that one particularly grinding tour, it was just a real treat to go home and see the girls we had grown up with. Also, the war was going on, and that was terribly unpopular. We didn't have a draft system in Canada, and we were grateful for that. A lot of people called it anti-American, but it wasn't really. We weren't anti-anything. [COLOR=#0645ad]John Lennon[/COLOR] once said that the meanings of all songs come after they are recorded. Someone else has to interpret them.[sIZE=2][COLOR=#0645ad][5][/COLOR][/sIZE]

The popular misconception was that it was a chauvinistic tune, which was anything but the case. The fact was, we came from a very strait-laced, conservative, laid-back country, and all of a sudden, there we were in Chicago, Detroit, New York — all these horrendously large places with their big city problems. After that one particularly grinding tour, it was just a real treat to go home and see the girls we had grown up with.

Also, the war was going on, and that was terribly unpopular. We didn't have a draft system in Canada, and we were grateful for that. A lot of people called it anti-American, but it wasn't really. We weren't anti-anything. [COLOR=#0645ad]John Lennon[/COLOR] once said that the meanings of all songs come after they are recorded. Someone else has to interpret them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Woman_(song)

I think you just proved woggle's point.

Anyway, I'd say this is more of big-city vs small-town, as opposed to American vs. Foreign.

Trust me, there are plenty of places outside of the US where women act just like the "American" women. And American women from small town USA that do NOT act like "American" women.

I think it's big-city vs small-town. Nothing to do with nationality or ethnicity.

It has nothing to do with small town values. Like I said in another thread native New York women tend to be overlooked gems. They might be rough around the edges but they will be there in trenches with you when times are rough if you treat them right for the most part. I would rather have that than a sticky sweet belle who would turn on you in a 2nd and do it with a smile on her face.

Again, it's a matter of the women you've encountered in your life so far. Euro women aren't creatures of the forest, there to protect the weary traveller, to give solace so he can reach Black Gate of Mordor in a better shape.

America has over 300 millions; half is female.

´

I'm pretty sure you are going to find bad apples in America and in Europe? How many more millions are they? Even more bad Apples. You can find gold in a casket and you can find a snake in a casket; are you going to forget all the caskets?

Yep, for both genders. Im glad we cleared that up.

Maybe the title is a bit contentious... but so far the conversation has been very civil, and I'm making an effort not to stir the pot.

Just dont be sarcastic. That will get you an infraction here on LS. True story, bro.

• Author
Untouchable_Fire
\

Gosh, I can't be attracted to a taller man, or to a man with more muscles, I can't even be attracted to a guy who loves Homer's poetry, because some other guy would instantly hate me/claim all American women are trash.

Just because I wasn't interested in the guy.

I don't want rehash that previous thread... but the majority of the complaints about American women were focused on how often they cheat. You can't cheat on a guy your not in a relationship with.

I 100% support you dating euro/african guys if that's what it takes to inspire faithfulness.

I don't want rehash that previous thread... but the majority of the complaints about American women were focused on how often they cheat. You can't cheat on a guy your not in a relationship with.

I 100% support you dating euro/african guys if that's what it takes to inspire faithfulness.

A lot of people cheat. A lot of people in Asia cheat. A lot of people cheat in Mexico. A lot of people cheat in Europe. A lot of people cheat in North AMerica. That's natural. There are many good people and there are many bad people. Being shot in your leg doesn't mean you're going to get shot again.

I know of many Europeans, cheated on. I know of many Africans cheating on their wives. So? Am I going to formulate the theory that all African men cheat on their wives?

See what I mean? The bitterness. What, you're going to tell me that there's a secret world in North America, a sort of elite society which can only be entered by men in the top 20% of looks, height, body, teeth, hair, and money?

Well you seem angry.

If there were such a secret place or whatever I'd probably get in. The real deal isn't, as you so poetically tried to imply, that the guys who extol the virtues of foreign women couldn't get a date in America. On the contrary I can and have gotten dates locally. In fact before I started dating overseas I rather liked dating here. I suspect but cannot prove there are many guys like me.

If you are really curious why I say what I say, I'll try to explain.

Well you seem angry.

If there were such a secret place or whatever I'd probably get in. The real deal isn't, as you so poetically tried to imply, that the guys who extol the virtues of foreign women couldn't get a date in America. On the contrary I can and have gotten dates locally. In fact before I started dating overseas I rather liked dating here. I suspect but cannot prove there are many guys like me.

If you are really curious why I say what I say, I'll try to explain.

Do so. I'd like that.

A lot of people cheat. A lot of people in Asia cheat. A lot of people cheat in Mexico. A lot of people cheat in Europe. A lot of people cheat in North AMerica.

Do they cheat twice as much in Mexico? ;)

Do they cheat twice as much in Mexico? ;)

Poor Countries do tend to have more women and more men cheating. With those many white American men going to Mexico? Maybe ;).

With those many white American men going to Mexico? Maybe ;).

Interesting. So its the mans fault?

I see your logic and raise you, intellect.

Do so. I'd like that.

I'll do my best, please try to stay calm.

It's not a simple thing, a lot of factors weigh into it, both general and personal. However I know a lot of guys who share my general opinion so I believe my feelings are not uncommon.

So I may not explain this perfectly the first try. Bear with me. Also I know people in general and I believe women in particular like to imagine that every person is an individual unquantifiable magical pearl of uniqueness. At some level that's surely true, but each pearl-like individual can also be viewed another way.

Most guys are attracted to pretty women. Like it or not that's how it is, and while pretty won't keep a relationship going, it starts a lot of them. If you want to reduce dating to basic terms, it can be seen to follow a simple sort of economic model, and each person represents an approximate value in this imaginary dating market.

American men are, in many locales, very highly valued in this dating market. With an American man can date women of higher value with less effort overseas than locally. More result for less effort is a good thing. I know that seems anti-romantic or whatever but the fact is that I can invest in gaming around and spend a lot of time and effort, or I can date many women easily until I find one that clicks with me.

Additionally, many American woman are conflicted, or seem so. While they have been trained to value equality, career, and so on they also often can't seem to shake the idea that their men should pay for dates, earn more, and so on. At the same time their lives often have not prepared them to take good care of their traditional roles. Many are not good cooks, don't care to keep house, and are often unhappy and less able to do such tasks.

The foreign women I've dated have no such issues. They want to find a good man and be his wife, take care of domestic things and in general manage the smooth daily operations of their combined household. They expect the man to do his duty and feed, clothe, and otherwise care for the masculine roles of the household.

For men who expect women to open their own doors and pay half the bills, this is probably a little like hell, but for those of us who do not, it's refreshing.

Interesting. So its the mans fault?

I see your logic and raise you, intellect.

Nah she accidentally listed Mexico 2x and I poked fun at her for it, she's poking me back.